James May: LPE power gift for James May

Dan9-1: I have been playing with the idea of a boxer engine. We'll see in the future.

I will make damn sure that he does, before i send it out. Will make pictures, before the package goes in the mail. Need to wait for 8 brand new cylinders to arrive though, which may take up to a week, or more.

/me is forced to stop lurking around and post a comment on this

Just amazing! I've been an avid fan of LEGO all my life, and this is definitely the pinnacle of what I've seen yet. Very impressive!

Also, great idea to give one to James, he'll appreciate it for sure. And yes, maybe we get to see it on the next series :)

Ok, update. I got the cylinders, and will finish the engine in the next 2 days. I also sent an email to arlington, to get an address to send it to. Now let's wait and see. Will post videos and photos of the engine before it leaves my hands.

I think it should be sent unassembled. Just a picture of what it should look like and all the needed parts in a bag with no instructions of course. Should keep him busy for a while :D

Not that it would take James long to assemble it, but if he gets it soon enough maybe he could feature it in Toy Stories. And nicjasno, send assembly instructions too because those who read his Telegraph columns know that he's bound to take it apart and possibly fail at reassembling.

Why the hell would anyone want to give someone on tv a gift? Hoping he'll mention it on show it off on tv or in an article or something?

Why the hell would anyone want to give someone on tv a gift? Hoping he'll mention it on show it off on tv or in an article or something?

Maybe just to be nice to someone? Because you think the person might actually like your gift a lot?

What's wrong with being nice to strangers?

Nothing at all. But the reason May is getting a gift is cause he is on tv. Which to me doesn't make sense.

^Did you get out on the wrong side of nobody this morning, or are you always this obstreperous?

I'm always like this :) The whole celebrity thing annoys me. I think that after you watch the guy on tv he goes home, you move on, and that's that.

If someone wants to send him a gift I've got nothing against it. I was just airing my view about such things.