LS7 Dyno Results + Aftermarket Cams

Oh, so Automatics are completely unacceptable for commuting machines, but ok in luxury cars?
Don't act dumb because your not. Your opinionated...make that - very opinionated :lol:

You know I'm just messing with you ;)

But luxo cars serve a purpose of being as comfortable as possible. That's why most of them come standard with autos so theres less manual labour involved. In fact now, manufacturers think that putting the car into gear D is too much bother and vehicles like the 7-Series and S-Class have a stick shifter so theres less strain on the driver, lol. And Aston has the simple push button job on the dash.

screw the hp, torque counts.

that?s why i would take the new 6.0 v12 tdi q7 over a cayenne turbo at any time.....>1000nm :D:D

btw: @ university I heard 2 presentations: "The future of charged engines" by the BMW Chief-Engine developer and "The future in Audi?s TDI technology" by Audi?s Chief-Engine Developer.......I can tell you, there will bei engines coming who can literally EAT any V8...BMW is leaving the V8 behind and is concentrating on twin turboed V6?s who can deliver serious torque while being lighter, faster and more economical than any BMW V8 before...and there will be a 3 series engine which is very capable :)..and Audi plans on lifting the injection pressure on their TDIs from ~1600bar to >2500bar as soon as Bosch finishes the injectors.....that will end up funny ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
btw: @ university I heard 2 presentations: "The future of charged engines" by the BMW Chief-Engine developer and "The future in Audi?s TDI technology" by Audi?s Chief-Engine Developer.......I can tell you, there will bei engines coming who can literally EAT any V8...BMW is leaving the V8 behind and is concentrating on twin turboed V6?s who can deliver serious torque while being lighter, faster and more economical than any BMW V8 before...and there will be a 3 series engine which is very capable :)..and Audi plans on lifting the injection pressure on their TDIs from ~1600bar to >2500bar as soon as Bosch finishes the injectors.....that will end up funny ;)
The new 300hp BMW twin turbo I6 is already out. Its in the 335i and maybe the 535i will get it.

As for the Audi part, the high pressure diesels are also already out.

But I agree, that V12 TDI engine will be sick as hell.

The new 300hp BMW twin turbo I6 is already out. Its in the 335i and maybe the 535i will get it.

As for the Audi part, the high pressure diesels are also already out.

I?m not talking about the 335i :) there will be a completely new engine coming.....and the current diesels only have 1600bar because there are no injectors ready for mass production @ 2500 bar yet.....

screw the hp, torque counts.
Finally someone gets it! (I haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread yet).

BMW is leaving the V8 behind and is concentrating on twin turboed V6?s

**********Warning, dipshit post!!!!!!***********

V6? BMW and "V-6" do not belong in the same sentance. :p

/dipshit post. :lmao:

In all seriousness I don't by that "even" BMW could make a TT I-6 lighter AND more powerful than some of their production v8's. 1 because their v8's are rather light, and 2, because an I-6 with a couple of turbo's is going to be inherently heavy. Look at the RB/JZ engines. Not exactly what one would call "light weight".

Last edited:
In one corner, there is people who want to marry the LS7/Z06 , because it weights as much as a Bigmac (mind you, it costs as much as one), delivers fuel economy close to a Prius and gives you 900hp with only a new exhaust.
On the other corner we have the people who can only say "OMGPUSHRODLEAFSPRINGZLOLZ!!!11!1" and dream of getting a Supra to upgrade it to 2000hp with a turbo the size of Rosie O'Donnel's ass because american cars are the suxors and can't go round corners with their plastic interiors.
They both deserve to ride buses the rest of their lives.

Fucking .

Even if I have (quite often) pushed the z06 like it was my love child with (insert extremly hot Brazilian model's name here), you nailed it right on the money.

Oh and to fuel the fire, 90% of cars sold today (not sure if this is worldwide or US only) are sold with Automatics.

Finally someone gets it! (I haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread yet).

**********Warning, dipshit post!!!!!!***********

V6? BMW and "V-6" do not belong in the same sentance. :p

/dipshit post. :lmao:

In all seriousness I don't by that "even" BMW could make a TT I-6 lighter AND more powerful than some of their production v8's. 1 because their v8's are rather light, and 2, because an I-6 with a couple of turbo's is going to be inherently heavy. Look at the RB/JZ engines. Not exactly what one would call "light weight".

damn, I was tired ;)

I am very sure thats US only, because for example in Germany I'd guess its about 75% manuals and 25% autos.
Not that it counts/matters: In Brazil I doubt autos reach 10%. A few years ago I read it was 4%, but I believe it increased.

Not that it counts/matters: In Brazil I doubt autos reach 10%. A few years ago I read it was 4%, but I believe it increased.

It's between 5 and 10% in France, probably closer to 5%.

I think what JC was referring to was the fact that the suspension is too stiff for the bumpy roads and not that it's uncomfortable. On a nice smooth track the car sets impressive stats and times. But on say UK roads the car doesn't keep the wheels in touch with the tarmac as well as other supercars

Yes, pretty much BOTH in the Top Gear review (S8 E2) and in The Good The Bad and The Ugly that was his complaint with the Z06.

However, I drove a Z06 for about 1/2 hour on public roads and it honestly wasn't so bad (it's about as tighly sprung as I have my TA set up). Now, on the other hand, I also drove a Ford GT back to back with the Z06, the GT was entirely too stiff (going over washboard pavement towards an on-ramp my voice vibrated when talking to my passenger) and unwieldy. Yet JC has never mentioned a word about any of this in his love sonnets to the GT. Curious.

I have driven several exotic cars and I'm losing faith in JC's ability to describe what it really feels like to get behind the wheel and drive a particular car. That's what I used to love about him the most, but I think it's gone.

I love the Z06, I want one, but if it's money-no-object, my heart belongs to the Ferrari F430. No shame in that.

In America alot of people are fat and lazy and have automatics (raging slushboxes of doom 4 teh USA 4 EVA!).

Quiky said:
You mean the stupid manufacturers who decide to only offer autotragics on their cars.. *cough* GM/Pontiac *cough*...

Now is a good time to point out a few tragic nuggets of information.

The best selling 911 is the Carrera 4 Cabriolet with TIPTRONIC transmission.

More and more high end sports cars are being offerred only with flappy paddle or tiptronic tranmissions. I've driven an Aston Martin DB9, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a Ferrari F430. None of them has a proper manual.

Last edited:
^ True. I was going to make a statement about the majority of "normal" Vette owners (posers who drive automatic convertibles 1000 miles a year and store it in the garage like a cherished toy, versus true enthusiasts, probably a 1:10 ratio). But that would also apply to the 911 crowd, I suppose.

Too many people treat either car as a rolling status symbol, a financial or lifestyle holy grail (i.e. an "I made it" car; even a guy I know, who LOVES cars, bought a 911 Turbo when his company went public, and in truth didn't even like the 911s as they weren't his style).

Let me relate a funny (but sad) story. I have a friend Steve, we are both into cars (and we're not "car friends", we just happen to both like cars). He's had a 67 GTO, an M3, right now drives a Legacy GT. He grew up with this guy Jerry. Jerry became a lawyer. Jerry doesn't like cars and has no clue about them, but has the money to have whatever he wants. Usually what Steve lusts after, he'll go out and buy. The latest example, Steve got rid of his M3 and mentioned to Jerry about the new 335i sort of being a baby M3. The next time Steve sees Jerry, guess what car Jerry is driving.

The tosser has no appreciation for cars but wears them like a watch.

I think a number of Corvette and 911 owners fall into this category. Actually, it probably applies at an even higher percentage as you get more and more exotic.

Last edited:
I think a number of Corvette and 911 owners fall into this category. Actually, it probably applies at an even higher percentage as you get more and more exotic.

I think to join the "I am rich and want to prove it" category, you must buy a 911. As a kid I remember seeing entirely to many men driving the most expensive Porsche they could get their hands on, with the big ass brick cell phones (or a car phone). I'd bet I could spit off of an over pass and very likely hit a BMW, Corvette or Porsche 911.

All 3 of which I've never seen driven in anger, except for the 'vette by a friends dad who bought a c5 z06. Honestly I've been held up in traffic more often by a Porsche or a vette than I have by a Honda or Nissan.

Yes, pretty much BOTH in the Top Gear review (S8 E2) and in The Good The Bad and The Ugly that was his complaint with the Z06.

However, I drove a Z06 for about 1/2 hour on public roads and it honestly wasn't so bad (it's about as tighly sprung as I have my TA set up). Now, on the other hand, I also drove a Ford GT back to back with the Z06, the GT was entirely too stiff (going over washboard pavement towards an on-ramp my voice vibrated when talking to my passenger) and unwieldy. Yet JC has never mentioned a word about any of this in his love sonnets to the GT. Curious.

I have driven several exotic cars and I'm losing faith in JC's ability to describe what it really feels like to get behind the wheel and drive a particular car. That's what I used to love about him the most, but I think it's gone.

I love the Z06, I want one, but if it's money-no-object, my heart belongs to the Ferrari F430. No shame in that.
And as you said, you drive a Trans Am that you say feels similar to the Z06. So you might just be used to it.

Clarkson is an old man with back problems, if he felt that his GT had a bad ride we would probably have heard about it :wheelchair: