Lucid Motors Air 986bhp electric saloon 2018

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Lucid's camouflaged prototype

Rawlinson?s role at the company is to rethink the whole architecture of the automobile, an engineer?s dream job. ?I believe that the electric powertrain can unlock doors to an array of designs that hasn?t been achieved before,? he said. The company?s approach is to make a midsized sedan that feels like a massive, roomy flagship vehicle. ?We have a car that?s a little bit bigger than the Mercedes-Benz E class, but it?s actually less long, narrower, and lower than a Tesla Model S and it?s got the interior space of a long wheelbase Mercedes-Benz S Class,?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/23/13723308/lucid-motors-vs-tesla-electric-luxury-car-concept-design

https://lucidmotors.com/

proxy.jpg

Cxfex0wUUAE-rqt.jpg

Cx5J3u4UsAA1sTm.jpg

Last edited:
Well it has one thing going for it. No fucking Musk involvement. That's a winner! I'm curious to learn specs, cost, and see how it looks in the flesh.

Looks Audi-ish

I wonder what is up with the trunk shut lines?

Looks like a lift back, with attention given to a large opening. If that's the case, I approve.

Looks like a great way to get a cavernous opening with a very low sill height. It's unconventional but it makes complete sense.

Less long is now my favorite phrase for "shorter".

I was thinking about this the other day; in English "short" could refer to length or height, so "less long" is a very precise way of refer to a shorter length without ambiguity despite being grammatically clumsy.

The same is true for "hot". "Be careful, the chili verde is really hot" could refer to temperature or spice, which is why Spanish makes more sense with both "caliente" (temperature) and "picante" (spicy).

Oh, right, the car. So far it looks pretty good, I don't know what the big deal is with it not being an Elon Musk project, I'm actually pretty stoked that he is a pioneer in green energy.

.. I don't know what the big deal is with it not being an Elon Musk project, I'm actually pretty stoked that he is a pioneer in green energy.

This may trigger JCE.

Oh no, JCE may type furiously in anger? What will we do?

I know. I will ignore him.

ANGER!! GRUMBLE GRUMBLE!!

LOL You all crack me up. :D

Like AiR pointed out, I'm very confused with the truck shut lines.

It looks like a concept from 1993.

I like it!

I liked it better with the weird camo paint job.

I like the looks of it a lot. The cabin seems to have a proper modern luxury feel to it.