Lumina SS Spied In Detriot With Manufacturer's Plates

NAIDANAC A

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
4,440
Location
Ontario, Canada
Car(s)
300E
well if it actually is coming to America, my dad said he liked the look and the performance is promising too, I PRAY, I like the new GXP but it just is not very good when it is front wheel drive.
 

flyingfridge

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
2,388
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
:puke:

WHY WON'T THOSE SEPTIC GM BODS FUCK OFF AND LEAVE OUR GRILLE ALONE!!!!

Holden is a subsidiary of GM which means it is a GM grill. They can do anything they want with their own grill. And it does not look half bad.

To part A: No shit sherlock. Your point about GM doing what they want doesn't mean it'll be or look good. Really, GM America left to their own devices will probably screw it even more than god intended, judging by their more recent efforts.

To part B: It does look bad, it's like they've taken a good looking base car and grafted a fat hairy arse onto the front of it, bringing new meaning to the term 'butt ugly'.
 

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
7,257
Location
Seren?sima Rep?blica de California
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
flyingfridge said:
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
:puke:

WHY WON'T THOSE SEPTIC GM BODS FUCK OFF AND LEAVE OUR GRILLE ALONE!!!!

Holden is a subsidiary of GM which means it is a GM grill. They can do anything they want with their own grill. And it does not look half bad.

To part A: No shit sherlock. Your point about GM doing what they want doesn't mean it'll be or look good. Really, GM America left to their own devices will probably screw it even more than god intended, judging by their more recent efforts.

To part B: It does look bad, it's like they've taken a good looking base car and grafted a fat hairy arse onto the front of it, bringing new meaning to the term 'butt ugly'.

Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.
 

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
8,532
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
I agree.... the grill that GM did is not that bad... but I'm not implying that they did a better job than Holden because the Commodore still looks the best :D
 

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
7,257
Location
Seren?sima Rep?blica de California
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
andyhui01 said:
I agree.... the grill that GM did is not that bad... but I'm not implying that they did a better job than Holden because the Commodore still looks the best :D

And you can also throw in the fact that Pontiac has used the twin hole front end for over 40 years.
 

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
6,003
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
:puke:

WHY WON'T THOSE SEPTIC GM BODS FUCK OFF AND LEAVE OUR GRILLE ALONE!!!!

Holden is a subsidiary of GM which means it is a GM grill. They can do anything they want with their own grill. And it does not look half bad.

To part A: No shit sherlock. Your point about GM doing what they want doesn't mean it'll be or look good. Really, GM America left to their own devices will probably screw it even more than god intended, judging by their more recent efforts.

To part B: It does look bad, it's like they've taken a good looking base car and grafted a fat hairy arse onto the front of it, bringing new meaning to the term 'butt ugly'.

Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.

Well, it'd help if GM kept the grille and just whacked on a Pontiac triangle...
 

un-dee

I hate your sig!
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,488
Location
Frankfurt, Germany
Car(s)
Golf IV 2.0
jetsetter said:
Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.

They can and they did. Too bad they never did what customers wanted.
 

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
7,257
Location
Seren?sima Rep?blica de California
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
un-dee said:
jetsetter said:
Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.

They can and they did. Too bad they never did what customers wanted.

You talking about the more recent GTO? The whole car had a styling problem. Too round. Muscle cars are angular and edgy.
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
jetsetter said:
un-dee said:
jetsetter said:
Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.

They can and they did. Too bad they never did what customers wanted.

You talking about the more recent GTO? The whole car had a styling problem. Too round. Muscle cars are angular and edgy.
Since whens it a muscle car? Oh probably when Pontiac gave it the "GTO" badge. That was silly. It's not considered a muscle car here. Thats left for more hard-edged cars.

The Monaro has the engine and sound of a muscle car but has the looks of a big soft Aussie cruiser. It was silly of Pontiac to give it the GTO badge.
 

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
7,257
Location
Seren?sima Rep?blica de California
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
jetsetter said:
un-dee said:
jetsetter said:
Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.

They can and they did. Too bad they never did what customers wanted.

You talking about the more recent GTO? The whole car had a styling problem. Too round. Muscle cars are angular and edgy.
Since whens it a muscle car? Oh probably when Pontiac gave it the "GTO" badge. That was silly. It's not considered a muscle car here. Thats left for more hard-edged cars.

The Monaro has the engine and sound of a muscle car but has the looks of a big soft Aussie cruiser. It was silly of Pontiac to give it the GTO badge.

Yes, they should have tried a big harder but it seemed like the GTO was more of a quick fix until the next generation of rear wheel drive Pontiacs came out.
 

youngwarrior

Active Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
445
If it wasnt for american being super patriotic, and supporting homegrown brands I dont think GM would still be around.
 

Dsemaj

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
2,956
Location
Adelaide, Australia.
Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
:puke:

WHY WON'T THOSE SEPTIC GM BODS FUCK OFF AND LEAVE OUR GRILLE ALONE!!!!

Holden is a subsidiary of GM which means it is a GM grill. They can do anything they want with their own grill. And it does not look half bad.

To part A: No shit sherlock. Your point about GM doing what they want doesn't mean it'll be or look good. Really, GM America left to their own devices will probably screw it even more than god intended, judging by their more recent efforts.

To part B: It does look bad, it's like they've taken a good looking base car and grafted a fat hairy arse onto the front of it, bringing new meaning to the term 'butt ugly'.

Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.
Yes, Holden is owned by GM, but the Commodore was entirely engineered by Holden. What your saying is like saying that if I scored 100/100 in a test, my dad would actually be scoring 100/100 because he's my father.

@SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! agreed, the Monaro is a great car, but it is no means a something that can be a GTO. It was basically like the 80-90s Mustangs, just a badge for the marketmen to push.
 

NAIDANAC A

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 30, 2006
Messages
4,440
Location
Ontario, Canada
Car(s)
300E
I drove the Aura yesterday, LOVED it, sounded nice, very comfortable, and it looked amazing. I really liked the orange LED in it, very cool.
 

youngwarrior

Active Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
445
jetsetter said:
youngwarrior said:
If it wasnt for american being super patriotic, and supporting homegrown brands I dont think GM would still be around.

Yes, they would still be around. GM is not just cars.

Fine GM cars wouldnt be around. I wouldnt touch any GM of america products other than the C6 vette range
 

-Cpt. J.-

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
1,528
Location
Finland
Car(s)
none
jetsetter said:
Yes, they would still be around. GM is not just cars.
To an average consumer its nothing more than a car maker. Nothing else.
 

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
7,257
Location
Seren?sima Rep?blica de California
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
-Cpt. J.- said:
jetsetter said:
Yes, they would still be around. GM is not just cars.
To an average consumer its nothing more than a car maker. Nothing else.

But that's not the point. He asked if GM would be around. I said GM is not just cars. 50 years ago there was more "general" in General Motors even today they still have their hands in a few areas.
 

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
7,257
Location
Seren?sima Rep?blica de California
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
Jamesd said:
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
jetsetter said:
flyingfridge said:
:puke:

WHY WON'T THOSE SEPTIC GM BODS FUCK OFF AND LEAVE OUR GRILLE ALONE!!!!

Holden is a subsidiary of GM which means it is a GM grill. They can do anything they want with their own grill. And it does not look half bad.

To part A: No shit sherlock. Your point about GM doing what they want doesn't mean it'll be or look good. Really, GM America left to their own devices will probably screw it even more than god intended, judging by their more recent efforts.

To part B: It does look bad, it's like they've taken a good looking base car and grafted a fat hairy arse onto the front of it, bringing new meaning to the term 'butt ugly'.

Lol. It still is a GM car. And I repeat, as a GM car GM can do whatever the hell they want. As for the styling, yes it is subjective.
Yes, Holden is owned by GM, but the Commodore was entirely engineered by Holden. What your saying is like saying that if I scored 100/100 in a test, my dad would actually be scoring 100/100 because he's my father.

@SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! agreed, the Monaro is a great car, but it is no means a something that can be a GTO. It was basically like the 80-90s Mustangs, just a badge for the marketmen to push.

Not a good analogy to be sure.
 
Top