Ownership Verified: luokyio's Frogeye Scorpios

It is so much easier to have a parts donor compared to sourcing parts from elsewhere. The donor starts to earn its price back now. The replacement bumper has a small crack. Repair + painting estimate 250 ?, schedule may be long, but that doesn't really matter. I already declared red out of road use for this winter and white on road.

IMG-20151113-WA0004.jpg

IMG_20151120_085820.jpg

Edit: I thought I should probably do a oil change to the white one since it didn't sound too good right after start... I checked the service book, last change done 9 000 km ago. Not too bad. In 2010. Bad.

Last edited:
IMG-20160105-WA0000.jpeg

And it is back. Other people should crash my cars more often, as it is now in better shape than before the accident. :lol: The old bumper had some natural wear and scratches for 20 years of use, now it has like new bumper. And even the paintjob seems excellent and colour matches, so no hard feelings. :cool: New rear plate needs to be ordered though.

Also MOT'd this today with clear sheet, absolutely nothing to complain.

Last edited:
These are not dead either. Inspection time approaches again. White has had a non-functioning reverse light as long as I have had it. It has not been an issue since only one light is needed to pass inspection. However today a electricity-fluent friend measured stuff and found out that the wiring is broken somewhere near the rear lid hitches, so new wires in and both reverse lights work now. Also a second grounding wire was added, which resolved some minor light dimming effects when braking during indicating. Soon it will be inspected and not long after that it is time to do the same with red one too. That has barely been driven at all after last inspection, so no major repairs are expected.

Soon it will be inspected and not long after that it is time to do the same with red one too. That has barely been driven at all after last inspection, so no major repairs are expected.

White passed with no complaints whatsoever.:burnrubber:

2016-09-19_01-59-26

And red passed also with no written complaints. Rear brakes have a bit of misbalance on braking power, but still within the limits. Probably because lack of use. Also the flexible part of exhaust is starting to break, but not enough to have a leak. So no notice on that one, since it doesn't affect emissions yet.

I enjoyed driving this after a while so much, that I declared Mercedes out of road use for a while (until snow comes) and drive this instead. I still love it, 8 years after the initial purchase. :heart:

I realized that I have never replaced the differential oil (to the red one, white has had them changed under 10 000 km ago in 2010), so went to get them changed. Quite watery oil was extracted, so long overdue, quite probably original oil was still in. No difference can be noticed, since there was no symptoms before, but it gives a piece of mind to have fresh fluids in. Also got engine oil and filter replaced with OEM parts and liquids. 6000 km since last change a bit over year ago.

Replaced engine and pollen filters. The pollen filters may have been slightly overdue for change. Last documented change was in 2003 at 53 000 km. I find it quite possible that these are actually still the same.

A bit scary that I have breathed air that has gone through these. Some mold also was grown in them.

2016-10-02_10-12-18

Last edited:
Red one hasn't been driven this summer at all. White has been at my brother's (really light) use for years now, so we did the paperwork and moved it to his name. So a bit less cars under my name now.

Rented a separate winter storage for the red one so I can get all cars under a roof for winter. Going to get a fresh MOT for it at the same time as I drive it to storage, as the MOT is running out in few months. Pretty much undriven since last inspection so should pass right through unless the lack of use has caused something for brakes or emissions.

Just read this topic again. Shame that the pics have disappeared. Next year it will be a decade after this topic was started.

The white one was sold few years ago.

The spare parts Cossie was scrapped because I cleared my yard before moving out.

The original one - the red one - is still in winter storage. In the MOT sheet few posts up in 2016 it had 190 116 km, now 5 years later it still hasn't passed 191 000 km. Maybe next summer I should wake up the beauty, give her a full service and start restoring for the slowly upcoming museum registration in 2027.