M.Moore decleares it, I live in the greatest country in the world!

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
It certainly seems like a very nice place but I admit to knowing little about it. I really don't have a problem with high income taxation if the money is used to make the place better but is it true that there is a very high tax on goods and services? That would annoy me somewhat because then your day to day living is made more miserable. I'd hate to have to pay some ludicrous amount of tax on an imported luxury car or something like that.

I once read that the cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway. Is this also true? If so; Have attempts been made to free him?

Scooby5

Car(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50 2.0L Turbo
High taxes are only a problem if there is low salaries and by all accounts Norway has high both. 40% of $100,000 pays for a lot more stuff than 40% of $50,000 if you know what i mean.

Look at the overall living standards first. If people live well then it doesn't matter how high the taxes are because they obviously have enough spare to live the good life........ or at least a comfortable one. I could handle this very easily, certainly easier than a Norwegian winter.

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
I could handle this very easily, certainly easier than a Norwegian winter.
I don't mind the cold so that wouldn't be an issue for me. (I know you're probably thinking that an Australians definition of cold is 17 degrees but I'm actually Irish so I've seen snow and been in minus zero temperatures many times.)

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
It certainly seems like a very nice place but I admit to knowing little about it. I really don't have a problem with high income taxation if the money is used to make the place better but is it true that there is a very high tax on goods and services? That would annoy me somewhat because then your day to day living is made more miserable. I'd hate to have to pay some ludicrous amount of tax on an imported luxury car or something like that.

I once read that the cat from Norway got stuck in the doorway. Is this also true? If so; Have attempts been made to free him?
How about cascading taxes that make anything double in price?
USD250.000 for a brand new M5 anyone?
Consider the difference in value between our currency and the dollar (and european ones) and you might see imported goods cost 4 to 5 times more.

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
How about cascading taxes that make anything double in price?
USD250.000 for a brand new M5 anyone?
Consider the difference in value between our currency and the dollar (and european ones) and you might see imported goods cost 4 to 5 times more.
That's actually not too far off the cost of an M5 here in Aus. They're about $230,000AUD which is about $200,000US.

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
I've been to Denmark (my mother's birthplace) but not Norway. One question, does everyone smoke and ride bikes in Norway like they do in Copenhagen?

Aircooled

Car(s)
00' Jeep Cherokee
Ship your car over and come join Oslo VW Club and we'' be friends for ever :)

Awsome engine in your avatar! Are also you into dragrace or street performance btw?

It's a 1915 my friend build, it's in a DD capable street car. I drive it to all kinds of shows on the west coast of the US.

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
I've been to Denmark (my mother's birthplace) but not Norway. One question, does everyone smoke and ride bikes in Norway like they do in Copenhagen?
No one smokes in norway, everyone walks, skiis or uses the kick...

IVIaster

Not a dude.
Car(s)
2000 Volvo V70
Nice place to live no doubt, Ill just stay here, its not that different

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
Moore thinks Canada is better then the U.S. thats how warped his logic is California FTW

Karoug

Techno Viking
Car(s)
Scooter power!!
^Perhaps you should try Scandinavia.. You seem to like Swedish things.. ;)

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Indeed everyone says that the countries of northern Europe, especially Norway and Sweden are the best places to live on Earth. But I'd rather stick to Canada, because I can't be bothered to learn a new language ... again.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
That's actually not too far off the cost of an M5 here in Aus. They're about $230,000AUD which is about $200,000US.
Here it's only 330,000USD. :)

Taking all the taxes out of the equation, Norway is a great country.

thedguy

rides with Rebecca Black.. in the back
Car(s)
(OO=[][]=OO)
So then... I'm sold! How hard is it to get a visa? I think I could bear the cold and snow, especially if I can get one a Norwegian hotty to keep me warm ;)

Oh and how hard is it to learn Norwegian for a piss poor english speaker?

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
I guess.
It's a 1915 my friend build, it's in a DD capable street car. I drive it to all kinds of shows on the west coast of the US.
Sweet. Sounds great, got any specs? I just got into vw dragsters this year, and I went to Norways only vw dragrace this year, SCC (Scandinavia Cal look Classics) --> http://www.cal-look.no/

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
So then... I'm sold! How hard is it to get a visa? I think I could bear the cold and snow, especially if I can get one a Norwegian hotty to keep me warm ;)

Oh and how hard is it to learn Norwegian for a piss poor english speaker?
very easy