m power

hmm i assume that the 5,5 bar should be 5.5 bar in which case the car was hitting 79.7psi of boost!.. sweet jesus... i want one... just think what it could do now with current turbo technology it boggles the mind

TF

5.5BAR?... holy smokes... not surprinsing as it has such low compression, street cars with 7:1 ratio compression can boost 3BAR without any problems

I read about this engine elsewhere. The horsepower figure is an estimate because the dyno they tested it on couldn't handle the power and broke. With their estimates, that would be about 870 hp per liter. :shock: Hmmmm!? I wonder If I could fit it in my Corrado?

I miss the F1 turbo era :( ... races were much more exciting back then... I wonder why they still ban it?

thats not m power.. thats turbo POWAH! M should always be N/A engines.. but thats insane.. although I've seen some M5s with 800-900hp from supercharges.. i guess its better with a supercharger.. less lag especially when using turbos that huge!

They ban turbos because today's technology would enable much higher horsepower numbers. And that would be too "dangerous". Plus there's enough rules as it is, they'd have to write another couple thousand for the turbo specifications, not to mention all the other hardware needed for the turbo.

Tomo Motorsport said:
They ban turbos because today's technology would enable much higher horsepower numbers. And that would be too "dangerous". Plus there's enough rules as it is, they'd have to write another couple thousand for the turbo specifications, not to mention all the other hardware needed for the turbo.

Yeah, so they went with normally aspirated engines, but even now they say the v10's are too fast. They are planning to go to v8's next season. How long until those engines get deemed too fast...
:p

they have banned also those hybrid engines like toyota prius engines.
Reason, maybe too much torq at low levels.

i imagine some one has thought of it... electric motors do have a flat torque curve / line so they might help an F1 car off the line but beyond that more weight than they are worth i assume any rules against them are merely there just in case someone tries it not actually because a team has tried it

TF