M5 Ute Conversion

Last edited:
I like it too!

That sure as hell ain't no amateur job, so I'll at least give points for that.

I love it, it's at least a professionally done job.
And adding to that, I just think the idea is great.

It's not as if he took a M3 CSL or anything, just an average M5.
Which, honestly, is not like the Valhalla of cars, it's just another V8 saloon car.

If someone had done this to a Holden or Ford or something else, like a Chev, I can guarantee that 90% of the people in this thread would not be up in arms about it, just because it'd be a badge that isn't idolised like BMW.

If people were never bold, and outgoing when customizing cars, then we'd all be driving around bog-stock Vauxhall Nova's or the like. It's ingenuity like this, and innovation which keeps the modified car scene growing and evolving in leaps and bounds, which is not a bad thing by any means.

Its ace as tits imo.

/rant

I think the black hides most of the detailing, which is why it looks alright now.

I'd like to drive a car that I can safely say there isn't another one like it in the world!

Well in this case, you can't...

http://www.bickers.co.uk/highspeed2.htm

bmw2.jpg

This is Bickers' Storm - it's a high speed tracking car and the nearest thing I could find to a BMW pick up [although I have seen an older M3 pick up around somewhere]. It's job is to get goregous high speed camera shots... like this one

topgear_lotusexige.jpg

I'd rather have the holden though.

^ I've always wanted to operate a camera car/arm on a car. Its just been my dream (like you want to be a postman or something when you are a child) always. And the best one IMO is the matt black (to reduce reflection) ML55 with an 'Ultimate Arm' they use for stuff like Bond films (in the latest TG mag): Linky

I dunno, there is a guy that uses a Hummer H1 with a GM 572cid/620hp big block as an offroad camera car. Its pretty damn awesome.

Bickers have a ML Merc with a russian arm on the roof now. as seen Here.

I have my own designs for a camera tracking car, but it's more similar to the BMW storm. and based upon a Metisse kit car.

metisseUte4.jpg

Imagine that in matt black with a pair of seats in the back, and a camera platform almost anywhere you like.

Oddly enough, it really isn't all that complex. Affording it however is the problem [the car alone costs ?10,000, the remote heads are somewhere in the region of ?2500 each]

Anyway, now totally off the topic!