• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

M6 and Carrera S

M6 and Carrera S

• M6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carrera S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kos

Any opinions on M6 and M5. I mean what you really cant stand and what makes you want to own one. Personally I hate it that they have 7-speed gearboxes and 500 bhp and can only go 155mph. Can you delimit the speed of these things?

Oh and what would you rather have M6 or 911 Carrera S?

Yeah it really is anoying. It's like 200bhp goes to waste... It's just simply get to 155mph faster than a 300bhp car... :bangin:

i'd go for the porsche, bmw drivers have a bad image in the my country(s)
+ i like the looks of the porsche better :D

Porsche for me, New 6ers are kind of ugly-imo-especially bonnet and tailights, but the new V10 is a pretty good engine

i'd definitly go for the porsche.. mostly for the looks
i'm not really a big fan of the looks of the M6

wow... this comparison was just made in this months TG :lol: , on the mag they prefered the Porsche more even though specification and on paper, the M6 is clearly better, but the porshe had style and passion or something like that, I could get the article and post it here if you guys are interested.

Personally, I prefer the m6, I really love the style on the car and the performance is just ass kicking

pdanev said:
bmw drivers have a bad image in the my country(s)

well, if you go around chosing your own image based upon how you think other people will percieve you, you have a problem. Cuz me, unlike you, love BMW. Only because I like its handling, power, drive pleasure and looks. And I couldn't care less what others think of that. Cuz here, BMWs are linked to drug dealers, fake tuning dudes and old people ... but I don't care at all ...

haz

I'll go with the Carrera S. Because it's got the style and the passion along with perfectioned handling (It's probably able to drive in circles around the M6), ride comfort, balance and power. And it's about half the price...

one is a sports car, the other is a GT car...

I like sports cars better than GT cars so I'll take the porsche.

Porsche because I think handling couldn't be better even with this new M6

M6 is just a "tuned version" IMO but I like it.
The design is improving and it's a V10.

But I would rather buy the porsche, with its beautiful flat 6 (3,8 l :unsure: ) sound.

you want a porsche then buy a proper 911 thats my theory

other than that take the m6

haz said:
pdanev said:
bmw drivers have a bad image in the my country(s)

well, if you go around chosing your own image based upon how you think other people will percieve you, you have a problem. Cuz me, unlike you, love BMW. Only because I like its handling, power, drive pleasure and looks. And I couldn't care less what others think of that. Cuz here, BMWs are linked to drug dealers, fake tuning dudes and old people ... but I don't care at all ...

haz

i completely agree with you. i wouldnt choose a car according to its image either, i didnt want to imply that (though i realize what i wrote sounds that way :) ). i just wanted to mention thats its a factor, that i might bear in mind. :) i also love bmw's, but not in stock form. if i were to own a bmw, then it certainly wouldnt be stock. hamann, ac schnitzer, etc are options to consider.

but in more detail why i would prefer the porsche:
- handling (based on reviews and critics, never driven either car myself)
- design (i prefer porsche exterior as well as interior)
- price (m6 ~ 100,000euros, which is quite overpriced imo)

The M6 for me. I really like the styling, I think it has strong 'shark nose' appearance like the original. The V10 is awesome, making over 100hp per liter. The Porsche doesn't. It could be a trackday car as well as a comfortable long distance cruiser. And even though BMW is developing a 6-speed manual for it, I think I would have the 7-speed SMG, just for the originality. (I'd take the new M3 with the 6 speed).

And in responce to clem: The BMW M6 is a whole other car compared to the six series. It is not just another tuned version. The body has been reworked, different suspension, gearbox, engine, roof, body. The list goes on.

blaydexi said:

Uh.. did this guy just stick his foot in his mouth or what?

Anyways, nothing against the M6, I like the look and the performance is great on paper, but my dream is to own a Porsche, and a choice between that and an M6 is a no brainer for me.

-dd3mon

Doesn't help that the M6 is a gigantic blob.

Yes, the limiter can be removed. It's required by-law, I think, or they just put it on so beaurucrats (sp?) and other law yuppies can't point fingers at the manufacturer when an M6 ends up crashing into the Parliament House doing 250 billion km/s in downtown London. :bangin:

blaydexi said:

so are you saying the new 911 S *isn't* a proper 911?

..i guess my '76 911 S isnt a proper 911 either then...

OR are you saying the water cooled 911 is not a proper 911, and to get a proper 911 you have to at least go back to the 993 body style? a lot of people say that... :D

993turboS-1.jpg

some also say that the transition to the LWB 911 in the seventies marked the end of the "proper" 911... :thumbsup:

that would make THIS the most proper 911 S (SWB and oil/air cooled):

kb911-47.jpg

Give me modern technology and design over "proper" old school outdated stuff anyday.