Mac locks on wifi activation

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Alright guys, anyone got any ideas why my macbook pro (2010) locks up (as in the whole mac) whenever wifi activates?

this includes recovery mode and bootcamp

tried resetting SMC and PRAM to no avail

any suggestions?

otherwise I now have an alluminimum paper weight cause you can't boot OSX or windows

- - - Updated - - -

even the boot screen in lion where you choose what you want to boot from locks up

through some luck I managed to boot to OSX and disabled it as soon as I could

deleted all the network plist's then reenabled it

seems to be working again

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but I remember reading somewhere that some Macs had boot up issues after an update for support of the new Thunderbolt Ethernet adaptor.

Try getting any logs you can, using the Console app. Do this soon, before the logs are rotated out. It'll at least help give you an idea of where to start should it happen again (and familiarity with the logs will help you isolate any future issues).

Logs are good. :D

Can you find the logs and check for a runaway task within OSX? It may be the ethernet/wifi support or the Thunderbolt support - NB I am not very good with PCs nor Macs really.
Obvious stuff. ...
Is all your software up to date, including apps? What apps are you launching at boot time perhaps it is a runaway task in one of these? Hardware fault perhaps. ... Not likely now you have actually booted up.

Can you ask Apple/MAC support perhaps?

13/07/12 10:03:17.000 PM kernel: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 1 4 timeoutOccurred - logic error in eed/low-power cycling. fReady, fSleepState

hundreds of those....

13/07/12 10:03:17.000 PM kernel: AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 1 4 timeoutOccurred - logic error in eed/low-power cycling. fReady, fSleepState

hundreds of those....

Sounds like you could be the victim of the update bug or the power management is all funkay