Game: Mafia III

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
2912222-mafia3.jpg

Gamespot article - Game to be revealed August 5th

Mafia II came out almost exactly 5 years ago and it ended on a cliffhanger so you can say I'm pretty excited for this game to finally be announced! :D

The cars in the pic look like they're from the late 60's or '70's and one of the characters is obviously a woman so that should be interesting. Mafia II took place from '45-'51 so if the main characters Vito and Joe are in this game, they should be in their 50s.

I don't care about anything, untill i see the proof they would include H-box pattern and freeride.

This. In Mafia 2 you could drive with a proper wheel if you knew how to do it. Would be cool to even go further in that perspective.

Also - in Mafia 2 you never ever had time for yourself. You were always in a mission. And I'd love to see some freeroam action with the possibility of starting the mission when I want (at least some of them) like in Grand Theft Auto.

There was an expansion pack/DLC for Mafia 2 that allowed free roam. Very high attention to detail in these games, definitely one I am looking forward to.

There was an expansion pack/DLC for Mafia 2 that allowed free roam. Very high attention to detail in these games, definitely one I am looking forward to.

Which tbh is another part I don't like - the DLC they have for Mafia 2 were a bit on the expensive site for what they were me thinks. :/ And too much of an EA-ish way ... why not sell a complete game.

Fair enough, I bought the whole thing on an absurd Steam discount which made it a lot more palatable (I believe it was $7.50 main game + $7.50 for both DLCs).

Yeah, I got them now as they're discounted - minus 80%. :)

Mafia II had a lot going for it, but I never bought it (only played the demo) for reasons posted above. Hopefully Mafia III will fix those things.

This. In Mafia 2 you could drive with a proper wheel if you knew how to do it. Would be cool to even go further in that perspective.

Also - in Mafia 2 you never ever had time for yourself. You were always in a mission. And I'd love to see some freeroam action with the possibility of starting the mission when I want (at least some of them) like in Grand Theft Auto.

Actually Original mafia had all thoose things instock, (the cars been abit low-powered, and hugely torqued, so it took a farmer to drive them properly - that's why everybody hated it)

Mafia 2 has good physics, but automatics made me crazy. It's like driving SL65 with robotronic box from Smart.

DLC is a word for "Fewer effort in making game for extra money". All they had to do was to encode it, invite some test volunteers, FINISH the damn thing, and only then sell it.

P.S. DLC-era came to an end tho. Now there's something called "early release" or "beta release", where you can buy an empty box, and then fill it with additional crap, so you could actually play with it for "only 19,95 each pack".

Well, I can get it where it comes from in Mafia 1, since it plays before Mafia 2 and it's not like the cars back than didn't have any torque and power, but they still were on skinny little tyres.

Mafia II had a lot going for it, but I never bought it (only played the demo) for reasons posted above. Hopefully Mafia III will fix those things.

You should get it to at least go through story (probably the best part of the game) since MIII will be a continuation. Apart from the non-sandbox open world the cover/weapon gameplay and especially the driving is top notch. Plus, you can get it for dirt cheap nowadays.

Mafia I was my favorite PC game and Mafia II was one of my favorites Xbox 360 games, i can't wait for Mafia III:)

I bought Mafia II just a few weeks ago on Steam, still haven't had a chance to play. Mafia I is one of my all time favourite games, just brilliant!

Mafia II is great too, you should play it!

Hm.... Mafia is no Just Cause or Saints Row... that's not really what I expected, looks to arcad-ish and unrealistic for me, that's what I loved about Mafia ... :hmm:

Who is that guy in the trailer? He doesn't look like a italian american gangster like Tommy (Mafia I) or Vito (Mafia II)...

Also the new game is set in 1968, i wish it was set in the 30's like Mafia I or in the 40's-50's like Mafia II, the 60's are just too recent.

Lincoln Clay could very well be Joe's son (he's half black/white and he resembles Joe who spent a few years "in the south" when...
Vito was in jail).

Did anyone else recognize the older guy in the trailer?

oWafksQ.png

That's definitely Vito (who by 1968 should be around 43). :D

Last edited: