Major shakdown at Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep: up to six models to be axed

I'll be the first to piss on the Sebring's grave :D

I'd go grave digging and start bashing it in the face with a shovel.. only that it already looks as if someone already has.

It will be interesting to see what they have on the horizon as far as the replacements for these cars are concerned. A company typically won't ax a major percentage of their lineup without having a plan to replace it.

I see the older Sebrings and Commanders everywhere here. The newer Sebrings are around, but it seems everyone realised how dreadfully ugly they were because they aren't as commonplace. Those Commanders though, I dunno what people see in them. They look ridiculous inside and out, and the interior quality makes a Bic pen look like a piece of royal architecture.

That was a short stinch for the Commander.

I bet theyll reintroduce this things in the future.

Let's see...what else needs to die...the Avenger? Yeah...since the Sebring is going, this should, too.

In my opinion they should wait to see how the facelifted 3rd generation Dakota does before cutting it out. And why haven't they shoved the Caliber as one to get discontued, I think I'm safe in saying that NOBODY likes that car, and everyone is in agreement is doesn't fill the gap created when they ceased production of neon..

As for the Durango, its a shame to see it going, but the current durango (2004+) isn't a Durango, its gay. The 1998-2003 ones I loved, but the new ones should be at least called something else..

Good riddance for the Compass, but to be honest, I quite liked the Commander, and here in Toronto I see plenty of them, but only the V6 ones, not the ones with the aging 4.7 or the hemi.

I wish they got rid of the PT Cruiser....or gave it a major overhaul and give it RWD. Maybe some Mopar goodies....

Get rid of the Avenger....and offer the Demon concept. They have what, the Viper, the Challenger is coming up soon, so why not a sporty little cheap roadster? Heck, give it the Sport compact slot and show what a true Mopar is (That means you Fail-Wheel-Drive SRT-4).

Jeep needs a tough-as-nails 4WD offroad version of the Jeep. Make the Toyota Hilux Top Gear attempted to destroy get it's panties in a bunch.

I'll be the first to piss on the Sebring's grave :D

I'm holding the spot right after you then ;)

I wish they got rid of the PT Cruiser....or gave it a major overhaul and give it RWD. Maybe some Mopar goodies....

I know its ugly as sin, but its not nearly as bad to drive as most of chryslers sh*t, and even if its stupid looking at least its unique or something.

Get rid of the Avenger....and offer the Demon concept. They have what, the Viper, the Challenger is coming up soon, so why not a sporty little cheap roadster? Heck, give it the Sport compact slot and show what a true Mopar is (That means you Fail-Wheel-Drive SRT-4).

Jeep needs a tough-as-nails 4WD offroad version of the Jeep. Make the Toyota Hilux Top Gear attempted to destroy get it's panties in a bunch.

Just what I was thinking. Looks like Cerberus may undo the last three decades of crap.

Thank god the Jeep Commander and Compass are going to be killed. They already have the Cherokee and the Wrangler. Why do they need that many 4wd's in the line up?

I know its ugly as sin, but its not nearly as bad to drive as most of chryslers sh*t, and even if its stupid looking at least its unique or something.

But it doesn't scream to me in some way for it to be unique. Same is true for most of the SRT offerings. You have a classic brand called Mopar. And what do you offer?

A car who's depreciation is faster than a Jaguar and has the ubiquitous Fail-Wheel-Drive (and it's bastard cousin), 3 luxo-barges that feel cheaper than a Tranny Hooker, a SUV that will never touch dirt, and a truck that isn't a close representation found in the Busch series. And two convertibles that barely scraped by with FR. Only the Viper screamed Mopar Performance. Hell, i'm sickened everytime the Neon SRT-4 is akined to "Muscle Car."

Thank god the Jeep Commander and Compass are going to be killed. They already have the Cherokee and the Wrangler. Why do they need that many 4wd's in the line up?

Why does Land Rover need that many 4wds in the line up?

(Hint: Same reason Jeep needs them. They're a 4WD TRUCK BRAND!)

Why does everyone hate the Commander so much? lol, I love the damn thing! :lol:

I think part of the problem is that with the Grand Cherokee in the lineup, the Commander is a bit superfluous, especially since you can't get it in a diesel and it's on the GC platform.

What they should have done is made the Commander the next GC.

What they should also do is eliminate the Compass and Patriot entirely. They're just embarassing. Go back to the three truck matrix: Grand Cherokee/Commander , Liberty, Wrangler. You don't need anything else. You don't need a cute-ute (unless you have desperate issues with CAFE regs, in which case keep the Patriot and axe the Compass).

That actually makes a lot of sense, lol. The Patriot is OK, I mean the high trims of it actually aren't all that bad, but the Compass, get that thing the frig out of here. And I don't know if I'm the only one alone here, but does anyone think that they should re-introduce the regular Cherokee? I know the liberty is supposed to fill that gap, but it doesn't really...

rental comapanies will just have to stock up on chevy malibus and ford tauruses

The Ford Taurus is no longer a fleet-attractive model in the FoMoCo's proudct line anymore. If you haven't noticed, Ford JUST dropped the Fivehundred model name and replaced it with the Taurus.

The Ford Taurus has made a very quiet comeback. Not many are in the know and sales have been VERY slow so far. Alot of people have been criticizing the blue oval for getting out of the fleet business by killing the Taurus.

That actually makes a lot of sense, lol. The Patriot is OK, I mean the high trims of it actually aren't all that bad, but the Compass, get that thing the frig out of here. And I don't know if I'm the only one alone here, but does anyone think that they should re-introduce the regular Cherokee? I know the liberty is supposed to fill that gap, but it doesn't really...

Wow, now that is a great idea. Down size the Commander and give birth to a new generation of Cherokees! Although that may overlap in terms of market with the Liberty.