Mar-18 - Westhill GTRs/FOX [SR:6][FR:40 Laps]

I really don't know as well... AFAIK, XRR is supposed to be the best car for this race, I have to do some testing

I was planning on using the fox for this race but it's way sloooow compared to the GTR's. I should have used it instead of the XRR in the FB race, but eh. I already know where I'm using the other two GTR's so i guess it's the fox. I haven't got below 1:37 ish, rather poor.

andyhui01 said:
I really don't know as well... AFAIK, XRR is supposed to be the best car for this race, I have to do some testing
Best for this race not, but taking into account other races I think it is the best choice indeed.
I think im gonna go for it, barely any difference compared to FZR on this track. Remaining GTR races are SO Long and BW Reverse, there FZR has 1+s advantage over all cars. And FXR is slow everywhere, so gotta check which track the gap compared to FZR is smaller, and take it there. Although, from top of my head I'd take the FXR on SO Long, because that's really a bumpy track with nastry hairpin etc, so probably stability of FXR there can come in handy. But we'll see, need to test 1st. :)

same here... I plan to take the FXR for SO Long, but the Hilly BW Rev is abit scary for FZR, but I still have a choice for FOX if I'm uncomfortable with that :D

SO Long has bigger and much sharper altitude changes than BW. If you call BW hilly than you haven't see SO Long. ;)

I have raced on SO long... but I just think the first corner on BW reverse is pretty scary for RWD cars, esp RR cars

I'm fairly good with the FZR on this track, but 40 laps is just a hair too long for a 1 stop race on R3 rear tires.
I'd either have to go 2 stop or with R4s, and neither one will probably be competitive.

The XRR probably doesn't have tire problems, but the inferno setup seems to be a bit understeery and slow for my driving style.

FYI, in the schedule it lists BW, and not BW Rev.

Just as an FYI, the XRR has a bit of a nasty disadvantage in that if you lose it and you end up in the gravel pit, you're probably done for. :(
With the FZR, it's likely you'll get out (slowly), and with the FXR there obviously isn't a problem.

I can't make it now.

I don't think koabi can make it this weekend.. I'm going to try my best to, I think I can. I think I'm go nna use the FXR.. the FOX is too slow on straights, and I know I'm gonna wreck in the RWD cars.

It's a shame that if you choose the wrong car for one race, that's actually TWO races you're losing out on, or could be more depending.

I should have paid more attention before.

Bah, why did I have to schedule this track/car combo. :wall:

Well it's gonna be an interesting race, I tried doing a few hotlaps with the XRR, however I can't tell you any lap time, since I didn't make it once across the finish line in one piece. :lol:

Should've started practicing earlier, but damn was it a busy week. :(

<_< :p

I tweaked the setup a bit, made it much more stable (at least for my driving style), and I'm in the 1:34-1:35s range. Tires from what I saw, shouldnt be an issue (once changed to R3s) they wear pretty eavenly. Gotta do some more testing tomorrow though, maybe with some more pressure R2 could last.

Would be nice to have the WR setup though, the one from inferno is good for low 1:33s, while the WR is 1:31. :cry:

Well, at least I got my car stable now, so far so good. :)

hmm... I'm not too good at developing stable setups, I wonder if there are any around *HINTHINT @ pete* :p

pdanev said:
Bah, why did I have to schedule this track/car combo. :wall:

Well it's gonna be an interesting race, I tried doing a few hotlaps with the XRR, however I can't tell you any lap time, since I didn't make it once across the finish line in one piece. :lol:

Should've started practicing earlier, but damn was it a busy week. :(

NO reason for the headbanging, Peter. I think this a GREAT combo! IMO, the R's are made for this.

http://rapidshare.de/files/15773610/XR_GTR_we1mod2.set.html

I'm not sure if I'll keep the diff setting though, but yeah, I guess the car is still more stable compared to the original.

I think the original spring stiffness didn't match the dampers, so I made both bound and rebound settings harder. I also lowered the front, and decreased front downforce. Steering I changed to 0% parallel, and 2 degrees more lock. I believe I also set front tire pressure a bit lower, and the last thing I was adjusting/experimenting with was the diff. I don't really like the braking currently, it's ok, but I'd rather have the car a bit more steady under braking. Mmm, I think that's about it. Time to sleep, 3am, tomorrow berfore race I'll do some more tweaking.

Yeah, combo is not that bad, with the FXR and FOX its really a pleasure to drive, but dunno, not really impressed by the XRR. :)

I think I can tell who is going to be last :p

I'm working on getting my "pass left/right" buttons to work, but my computer doesn't wanna play with me :cry:

mgkdk said:

I'm working on getting my "pass left/right" buttons to work, but my computer doesn't wanna play with me :cry:

I'll be last ;).

mgkdk said:

That's a good idea for avoiding being hit from behind. :mrgreen: