Marijuana: Legal or Illegal?

Marijuana: Legal or Illegal?

• No! Keep it illegal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ofcourse it's all about abuse. But I'm sure, when you smoke 5 joints a day, that's allready abuse. For some people it may seem much, for other it's normal.
When you inhale twiece a day, I causes nothing ofcourse.
And I'm not talking about being depressed like 'oh no, I can't smoke today'.
It's an overall feeling. Like other people who are depressed.

I know it isn't that bad as people tell on the news and in the newspapers.
And everytime people say that smoking weed will cause the use of heavier things is also bullshit.
But smoking does really change things in your brain, just as alcohol does. And some people react more then other people on that.
And the more you smoke, the more risks ofcourse. That's with all things.
The more sex you have with strange people, the greater is the chance to get AIDS.
Damn, I would like to prove it with that study.
Well, that's all.

jensked said:
I can't show the study, I've read it in a newspaper in a big article long before I came across this topic.

you remember what newspaper that was, and who they interviewd?
Luc Beaucourt? :lol:

jeffy777 said:
I feel that an occasional joint is not going to be too bad for you, but any smoke in the lungs isn't the best situation, so brownies would seem to be a healthier option.

vaporizor? heats the weed without burning it, so the THC melts, and mixes with the air
(you can collect it in a bag and take it with you, taking a hit every while :thumbsup:
never had a chance to try it though :( :lol:

I know what you're trying to say, there is a link between substance abuse and depression. Mind you, this includes a broad range of substances, so we can't make one large sweeping statement about pot only.

As mentioned, you can vaporize the weed to get virtually no carcinogens, only cannabinoids. You can aslo eat it, which is also safe. The smoke isn't too bad because it's not smoked as ofter as nicotine (I should know, that crap has got me hooked).

jeffy, marijuana has alot of good properties you don't generally associate with smoke. You mentioned spasms and pain, it also helps greatly with the appetite and with eye pressure. Marijuana also acts as a bronchodilator, basically it's like a puffer taken by people with asthma. I have a friend that suffers from serious asthma attacks, and he can go a full week without needing his puffer simply by toking up on the weekends. Chronic smokers won't notice the effects much because they take in too many carcinogens. Light smokers and users of alternative methods will, though.

Not to sugar coat it though, like any substance, it does have it's drawbacks. The thing is, they're no were near the side effects seen with the crap we buy over the counter. The worst case scenario is probably a person having a nervous breakdown while high. For some people, like yourself, they felt sluggish. On the other hand, there are medical smokers who can't move in the morning without a toke. They can't take the pills because they'll just throw it up.

Thanks for taking the time to share that. If it helps people then that's good. I personally over did it becasue I was a smoker before and then kind of used my medical reasons for an excuse to smoke even more :D And the results were that I felt dopey, but if I would have just used it when the pain and muscle spasms were the worst, then I probably would've gotten some relief without the drawbacks.

the way i feel about this topic is that if someone wants to do it... they WILL find a way. i go to a catholic private high school and we have many dealers to get it from. i think that weed is in no way as bad as alcohol because when im drunk, i cant do shit when im drunk, but i can focus and pay attention when i am high. it does hurt my short term memory but its not to the point where i cant function. i think my reactions are actually better when i am high. i feel myself braking for stop signs earlier and noticing things earlier when high.

if weed is legalized, there would be less of a fuss over it and people would accept smokers. therefore they wouldnt let it consume their lives.

weed does have a lot of positives though. everyone has heard the medical benefits, but what about the increase of poetry and art. some of my favorite bands smoked a lot and did all kind of drugs (the doors, grateful dead). it causes people to think and expand their mind. i can say that anyone that is strongly against smoking has never really tried it.

"I offer images- I conjure memories of freedom that can still be reached- like the Doors, right? But we can only open the doors, we can't drag people through. I can't free them unless they want to be free. Maybe primitive people have less bullshit to let go of, to give up. A person has to be willing to give up everything- not just wealth. All the bullshit that he's been taught- all society's brainwashing. You have to let go of all that to get to the other side. Most people aren't willing to do that." -- Jim Morrison

the bands that you mentioned went way beyond moderation :lol: Jim Morrison kind of went off "the deep end" it seems.

bone said:
you remember what newspaper that was, and who they interviewd?
Luc Beaucourt? :lol:

hehe, it was de standaard and luckily it wasn't Beaucourt, otherwise I wouldn't have read it.

Here in Belgium, weed is partly legal. We can smoke at home and outside if we don't cause any problems or if we don't smoke in the presence of younger children. We also can carry 3 grams.
But my question is, which are the places where we don't cause problems? There is too much space for interpretation. Why the gouvernement just doesn't make it clear by saying: you can smoke inside and not outside. the end.
People just don't know what they can and can't do.

The U.S. Supreme Court just ruled that a California law stating that people who are State-approved to use medicinal marijuana for health purposes is illegal and those who obey this law can be prosecuted by the U.S. government.

They're just putting what they've been doing for years down on paper.

Why do you think all the Compassion Clubs in CA were forced to go underground?

if you don't fill in your location, how are we supposed to smell what your countrie is?

bone said:
if you don't fill in your location, how are we supposed to smell what your countrie is?

:lmao:

I dont see how smoking weed improves your life.

I understand ppl like Montel Williams that need it to supress the pain of illness but comon, how many ppl out there are REALLY dealing with an illness and not ppl that just want to smoke up.

justin syder said:
I dont see how smoking weed improves your life.

I understand ppl like Montel Williams that need it to supress the pain of illness but comon, how many ppl out there are REALLY dealing with an illness and not ppl that just want to smoke up.

And how is that exactly any of your business? Do you feel the need to go to a bar and harrass everyone holding a beer?

It isnt my business but the ppl in a bar dont pretend to have some illness because of their selfish need to justify their weed smoking.

I can tell you smoke weed. ;)

Hey, I'm fully against the concept of Medical Marijuana. I'm for full legalisation. I never once claimed I had an illness to justify smoking.

justin syder said:
It isnt my business but the ppl in a bar dont pretend to have some illness because of their selfish need to justify their weed smoking.
I have never encountered or heard of a single person who has pretended to have an illness to get marijuana from a medial marijuana group.

Marijuana is so easy to aquire that there would be no need to go through the hastle of faking a disease. I'm sitting in my office right now, but I guarantee if I got up and walked out the door I could find someone to buy from within 10 minutes.

(This is coming from the perspective of someone living on the west coast of Canada though... :p)