Marijuana: Legal or Illegal?

Marijuana: Legal or Illegal?

• No! Keep it illegal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was misunderstood, i wrote the wrong thing in a haste, sorry.

What I meant was that smokers usually lobby that there are many in need of smoking for medicinal purposes or use the fact that it can be used medicinally as a way or to note that as making marijuana a friendly and okay drug to legalize.

Well, the truth hurts for prohibitionists. The fact is prohibition is making it harder for terminally ill people to gain access to viable medicines. It's simply used as a supporting arguement. No one I know that smokes supports the current medical marijuana program that's in place in Canada.

The bigger issue is that basic rights are being violated. I don't drink or eat pork, you don't see me giving two fucks if anyone does that. People need to get out of other's business and let them live.

The truth is you don't need to SMOKE weed to get the benefits if you are going thru chemo, but in the end it's a rather harmless drug and it's quite contradictory to allow alcohol consumption and not marijuana use.

Well I agree only that marijuana is not that dangerous but it is far from harmless.

As for legalizing it well we see the trouble with having alchohol and cigarettes. They kill more Americans a year than guns, AIDS and auto accidents combined.

Cigarette related deaths are number on the list and you can see a campaign against cigarettes now trying to get ppl not to smoke what makes you think making marijuana legal would be beneficial to society?

Slowly we will see less smokers, cigs, and less deaths but it will take time to undo the mentality that smoking is cool or harmless. Once that is tackeled I garauntee you alcohol is next.

Prohibiting is too extreme but you can see against cigs that there is a progressive move against them which is the way you do it.

Well, I'm glad you see it that way then. I most definetely agree that smoking is harmless, which is why the option to vaporize or consume by eating is always there. The thing is, even if it is not harmless, it's no one's business whether i choose to consume it or not.

My belief is that the governments could give two fucks about our health, it is and has always been about hemp. That's another issue, though.

I most definetely agree that smoking is harmless

400,000 deaths from cigarette smoke is far from harmless. I meant that marijuana is not that harmful but it is not good for you.

Govt does pay a price in less healthy workers, high medical costs which would have a small effect on consumer spending, (a big screen tv or therapy for my lung cancer) productivity in the workplace etc etc. I dont think govt is not gonna give two fucks.

Man you have a real pesimistic view on the Govt cops etc etc. Where did you grow up and who taught you?

Ugh, my bad. Been a long day. I meant to say I agree that smoke is harmful, which is why I followed by stating some alternatives to smoking marijuana.

I grew up in Saudi Arabia if you must know, the land of opression :D. I think I've mentioned it before, but I have an American education, and I definately appreciate what America offers. My top 2 places to live are Canada and the US. I just like to nitpick alot. You wouldn't understand if you don't smoke pot. It's such a benign substance, it infuriates me that people would go so far to enforce the prohibition of it.

ok so we agree here but go to the religion vs evolution thread, i got somthing to discuss there, a disagreement. ;)

It's not that legalization would benefit us, although another source of income from the tax would be good, it's that there really isn't a reason to keep it illegal. Any smoke at all harms you and causes cancer, but guess what, it's a voluntary choice. I don't care how many people die from smoking a year, they did it to themselves. I used to smoke more than a pack a day and I quit because I didn't like the way it made me feel. It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be. If I get lung cancer years from now and the doctors say it was because I smoked years ago, so be it, I fucked myself. The point is I had the choice. I don't smoke weed and don't plan on starting, but I give fuckall if my neighbor wants to, it's not my business.

I am sick of nanny laws being passed telling people how to live thier lives and what choices they can make, this is a huge part of why this country is going down the shitter. I'll pay my taxes and get along with everyone so long as the government stays the FUCK out of my business.

Hey listen Im all for smaller govt and less taxes. I also agree that those 400,000 ppl knew what they where doing and made the choice to smoke their way to their grave.

All Im saying is we could do without legal marijuana, cigarettes has caused more harm than the taxes they bring in and making marijuana legal really does no one any good.

one small way it would help is scaling back the crime associated with MJ(not all drug crime of course) and use up less DEA resources trying to track down hippy growers with 4 plants so they can focus better on the really dangerous drugs.

it should be legal...... the only reason is not legal is because the tabacco companies dont prodyce it.... is the only reason cigarretes are WAY WORST