• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Marijuana Legalized in Denver, Colorado USA

zenkidori

Banned For Trolling
Car(s)
RX-7, Jeep Cherokee
http://www.hightimes.com/ht/news/content.php?bid=1207&aid=10

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4570.html

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGN...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

In the city I live in it is now legal for adults 21+ to possess up to and including an ounce of weed. It's more of a symbolic gesture as you would just be prosecuted under state law now, but it's a step in the direction of total legalization. With it now decriminalized, cops probably won't hassle people unless they have some kind of grudge.

This is a very republican state so I hadn't really seen this coming, I had suspected Boulder to do it first.

the first democratic decision comming from the us i've seen for a while :p

i'll have a
smoking.gif
on this :)

hooray :mrgreen:

i wish it would come to ohio bc weed is pretty hard to get here and its not worth the trouble to find it when alcohol is everywhere

is it legal to grow it there?

In my area, the police don't really care. If you have a large amount on you, they will confiscate most of it but not all. I think there are many other things in society that causes more harm than marijuana.

It does wonders for hangovers!

patrick10 said:
hooray :mrgreen:

i wish it would come to ohio bc weed is pretty hard to get here and its not worth the trouble to find it when alcohol is everywhere

is it legal to grow it there?
Colorado has the normal medicinal marijuana laws, but our current governor is kinda a dick and was even trying to go after medicinal patients(with pretty much no success). There are several cities that have made marijuana possession and use one of if not the lowest law enforcement priority.

this is all moot because there is a federal law banning marijuana, but many local governments and law enforcement agencies are taking pot very lightly.

AFAIK you cannot grow, but the only growers they go after are big distributors.

Oh man, I didn't think you guys had it in you.

Right now, Marijuana isn't legal in Amsterdam. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

I really wish the Canadian people vote in someone that isn't right-of-centre again. Any pot-related bill is never going to even be discussed with Martin in power. It always gets tabled for 'important' stuff. Time to get the NDP in power?

Right now, Marijuana isn't legal in Amsterdam. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

huh? yeah it is!

bone said:

huh? yeah it is!

EVERYTHING'S legal in the Netherlands. I hear there is even a Union for the prostitutes :shock:

watto said:
bone said:

huh? yeah it is!

EVERYTHING'S legal in the Netherlands. I hear there is even a Union for the prostitutes :shock:

Haha, we have the same union over here. It wasn't much of a success though since most prostitutes prefered to work "under the radar" :lol:

The Cannabis situation here in Germany is somewhat confusing. It's generally illegal but you won't be persecused if you get caught with a small ammount for personal usage. In Hamburg that's everything you can fit into a matchbox.

By law, cannabis is not legal. The Dutch authorities don't prosecute people for simple possesion, they haven't for decades now. There's a difference between what the law says and what the authorities will do.

Another thing, no country has fully legalised marijuana because of the United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances.

"Cannabis remains a controlled substance in the Netherlands and both possession and production for personal use are still misdemeanors, punishable by fine. Coffee shops are also illegal according to the statutes."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_the_Netherlands

The only time in recent memory were full legalisation occured was in Ontario when the courts struck down the laws on marijuana. Possesion, cultivation, and inter-province trafficking were not being prosecuted. That lasted for a couple of months.