Movie: Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

Mally Dangerous

Side note: The trailer seems to have been leaked early, followed by Disney telling everyone to take down the leaked trailer, then Marvel themselves releases the trailer early. Good call, Marvel.

Last edited:
God dammit DC need to get their shit together. All we got is a weak Superman movie and silly TV series. This looks freaking sweet.

I don't want to go off-topic but I like the Nolan Batman trilogy and Gotham is pretty good. Also, people tell me that Arrow is good.

All you mention is fine, but just 'fine', while what Marvel is doing is basically incredible. DC has no chance in hell to do the same, not like this. They're trying to jump aboard the 'superhero movie money train'
so the quickly made a Superman movie and are pushing Justice League. I liket Man of Steel and don't understand the immense hate, but I'm not so hopefull about the rest. Hope they prove me wrong cause I'm a DC fan first.
That said, I love the Marvel Movies, Avengers 1 was amazing, and the rest also awesome, sooms like they cannot go wrong at this point.

At work now, will watch teaser later, sorry for a bit of off topic.

Regarding Andy Serkis in the trailer, the current theory is...

...that he may be playing Klaw(and he does look like Klaw). If he is indeed playing Klaw this may lead to Black Panther. BP is an Avenger and Klaw is one of BP's villains.

Well there's not much else to discuss. The Dark Knight trilogy is a given (except for the third one) and that is the only thing really keeping me from jumping onto the Marvel bandwagon. TDK is in a league of its own.

When Marvel is churning out blockbusters like Avengers and Guardians, and DC's latest/upcoming flicks include a disappointing finale and a crossover that doesn't even retain the same actor for a character (batfleck? really?), it starts to feel pretty bleak on the DC side.

it starts to feel pretty bleak on the DC side.

Time will tell.

Back on topic: Even though I like the Spader voice and demeanor of Ultron, from the comics, I have always imagined Ultron as a screaming, yelling, insane kind of robot. Also, it's strange for me to see Ultron with facial expressions because his face never moved in the comics. LOL

Last edited:
Time will tell.

Back on topic: Even though I like the Spader voice and demeanor of Ultron, from the comics, I have always imagined Ultron as a screaming, yelling, insane kind of robot. Also, it's strange for me to see Ultron with facial expressions because his face never moved in the comics. LOL

I know Ultron from the Earth's mightiest heros animated series, which was pretty good btw.

Woah. Pretty awesome. Should make a mental note to not watch the main trailer. Because otherwise I would be watching the entire movie.

I know Ultron from the Earth's mightiest heros animated series, which was pretty good btw.

This is from the first comic book I ever read that included Ultron. The pages are from Secret Wars #1 from 1984. I was 9 years old at the time and have always thought of Ultron as a screaming, insane robot ever since.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Also, I like the Pinocchio song in the trailer. I guess it's all in the Disney family now.

Wow...

Also: HULKBUSTER!
But why?
I is confoozed.

Wow...

Also: HULKBUSTER!
But why?
I is confoozed.

It's a Hulkbuster, it busts Hulks...

He probably has it as a contingency plan, maybe ultron took over, maybe Hulk goes nuts and they are preparing somehting for the green guy, like Planet Hulk...
Though it would be a bit weird getting rid of him before Thanos shows up. Who knows...

Im kinda bummed there is nothing in the works for a full on Hulk movie, forget the last two, Ruffalo does an awesome Hulk, something unique from his series like Planet Hulk or one of the other well known arcs

Mark Ruffalo's Hulk seems to be getting praise from both audiences and critics, so I personally wouldn't be surprised it gets a full-on movie. Again. For the third time. :lol:

I still dont get why these Marvel movies are such a big hits, but due to Spader I have to see this! :)

Is that Ultron supposed to be Starks experiment gone wrong?

Just watched the trailer. It looks 'big', more serious then the first, lots of things going on. Also, Tony vs Hulk could possibly mean Hulk going bad? But who knows, trailers are meant to be misleading sometimes.

Brabham, Ultron was made by Hank Pym (Ant Man) in the comics. I only know it from the animated series, but there it was a robot, or series of robots, made to help out with supervilains.
But since Ant Man the movie is coming out after the Avengers, I don't exactly know how they're going to do it in this movie.

edit:
Here's the plot

Last edited:

Ah, ok. That link raises a question that if Ultron is the dormant "peacekeeping" program. Well we have to wait for the answer dont we?:D