Movie: Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

Should I watch this in IMAX 3D or the standard? Because I'm not really a big fan of 3D

Should I watch this in IMAX 3D or the standard? Because I'm not really a big fan of 3D

seen it in both 3D and 2D (sadly not IMAX yet) but the 3D doesn't add much/anything to it really.

Watched it in plum boring 2D because I really cba for 3D and 4D, enjoyed it, and liking the progression and acknowledgement of the arc.

Saw it tonight, my thoughts

1. Solid middle chapter in the bigger Avengers story

2. Ultron was NOT written the way I expected him to be

3. They packed a sh**ton of stuff into this movie.

4. Really glad Hawkeye finally got the character focus and attention he deserved.

5. I liked the portrayal of the twins much more than I thought, fake-y accents aside

6. Really want to see the 3+ hr extended cut version that Joss Whedon promised in bluray because yeah, it's obvious he had to cut out a LOT of important crap to trim it down to the same 2h 20min run time as the original Avengers (probably a studio requirement)

7. Whedon pulled off something pretty impossible here. Make this movie fun, awesome despite not having the novelty 'wow' factor that made the first Avengers so loved. Also now I get why he announced he was stepping down and letting others take over the job or making the future Avengers film. Making this one must have been brutal and probably took years off his life and health. He's earned the break

- - - Updated - - -

Saw this last night. Holy product placement batman. Couldn't they atleast have tried to make it somewhat less obvious?

I don't really care, if it helps pay the bills and allows for better special fx, so be it.

No.

Is there any post-credit spider-man scene?

Nope I stayed to the very end of the credits, there was no such scene and Whedon has stated online that was a hoax too.

Only the mid credits scene that everyone already knows about. Definite setup for Infinity War

Yeah, everyone in the theater who knew about the credits scene only waited for the mid credits one then left, no one waits till the end anymore since there isnt anything

Some movie production original costumes on display at the theater last night

https://imagizer.imageshack.**/v2/1024x576q90/537/pFr0qQ.jpg

Cross-posting from F1 section.

Is this an F1 engine in the background? (Avengers: Age of Ultron spoilers)

Looks to me like a V8 F1 engine without an intake manifold, but I'm not that good. Anyone care to try to identify?

avengers-age-ultron-tony-stark-lab.jpg

AP_PS_Frame_01-00-55-10_R.jpg

Meh. It was good fun but I want something more than just explosions and brute force victories over the antagonist. The jokes were pretty decent but were definitely shoehorned in.

It's a great theatrical experience, no doubt about that, but I just left feeling like there was something missing. "Oh, that's it? They won? Cool....I guess."

Saw it last night

+ great action
+ great humor
+ I liked the character-development
+ I liked the new characters

- the entire story felt just silly and confusing
- the movie did not feel like it progressed in the overall timeline of the universe at all

tl,dr: Kinda falls under "great action flick but not much more", but on the upper end of that scale. I still quite enjoyed it.

Oh and one thing: The moment Ultron was introduced to the movie, one thing kept being on my head: "REDDINGTON!" :D Seriously, this movie could have been called "Avengers: Age of Reddington :mrgreen:

Saw it today in IMAX 3D (I hate 3D but I didn't have a choice for 2D). It was just great and the best Marvel movie so far. 8.5/10. Also I learned that this is the first IMAX movie to use a laser projector and even though this wasn't filmed with IMAX cameras, I really noticed how it was much sharper than usual (before the picture looked a bit blurry because it's just stretched out for a bigger screen).

Saw it yesterday in IMAX. Not a big fan of 3D and it's unnecessary in most cases, but I do like the big screen :)

The movie for me is great, classic Marvel goodness. There maybe was a bit many things happening, but there was enought humour and action and everything was well made.
If there really is a director's cut, I'll definately have to watch that.

Like someone said, there was no wow factor, and there was basically nothing new, but a good filler that fits with the other movies Marvel has been dishing out.
It was like watching an episode of a tv show, just a continuation of the awesome. I liked some of the human interaction parts, like Hawkeyes 'secret' etc.

I saw it today in regular old 2D and I left feeling very disappointed. The biggest of all was Ultron himself. Weak, not menacing at all and his voice was awful! They really should have adjusted Spader's voice to sound more mechanical and computerized because to me it was very distracting to hear it coming from a droid.

Amazing movie. Great acting and great storyline. Loved that it had humor as well. I enjoyed the movie. 10/10