Movie: MARVEL's Guardians of the Galaxy

just got back from seeing it. from the trailers i didn't know how to feel, had faith with it being a Marvel movie.

It really didn't disappoint, absolutely loved it, good action and characters, many times that the whole cinema was laughing as well. I would be tempted to see this again.

Loved the mid credit scene as well.

8.5/10

Goddamit! I was really looking forward to go seeing it, but turns out it premieres a week later here....

Who's numbskull idiot moronic idea was that?

Saw it late last night. Was definitely awesome.

Chris Pratt has cemented himself as a Hollywood leading man which he probably finds a blessing and a curse because it means he'll probably for forced to stay in shape more often and get to play fatty Andy Dwyer characters a little less lol.

Groot & Rocket steal this movie and are probably the best CG lead characters on the level of Gollum. Definitely the anti - Jar Jar.

Karen Gillan as Nebula was better than I expected although I noticed while most of the movie she maintained that generic 'American' accent which wasn't half bad, she'd occasionally slip into her native Scottish 'Amy Pond' accent a little. Some solid action and combat scenes w her.

Also liked how they threw in a lot of elements of the Marvel cosmic universe (Celestials, infinity gems, etc) but don't waste a lot of time hand holding and explaning them to clueless audiences. Just mention and move on.

Only weak point which I agree w everyone else was Lee Pace as Ronan. It seems like since all the heroes were well written amd developed it came at the expense of the main villain. He was just one dimensional evil and felt more like a placeholder for Thanos, the real big bad.

he'll probably for forced to stay in shape more often and get to play fatty Andy Dwyer characters a little less lol.

tumblr_mu3cuaNYHr1rldznno1_500.jpg

Ben: ?So the only thing you did was stop drinking beer??

Andy: ?Yeah. I lost fifty pounds in one month.?

Ben: ?How much beer were you drinking??

Andy: ?I know, right? Probably too much.?

I wasn't disappointed. I walked in wanting to see a sentient raccoon firing big guns and I got exactly that and then some. My only complaint is that some of the action bordered on Beyhem.

Also, the very end scene after the credits, is that Marvel just trolling its fans? I thought it was funny as hell but that's only because I'm a child of the 80's and know that movie as the first indication that George Lucas was a hack who got lucky.

I honestly believe this is the best Marvel movie yet. Great combo of action and comedy. :thumbsup:

I hope Avengers 2 can at least match GotG since it clearly out matched the first one.

I actually want Avengers 2 not to be a bad film but a smaller film than GoTG since it's all earth based and a middle act film, to lower the narrative energy level and allow Avengers 3 to be a balls out insane film when they have to go up directly against Thanos, presumably teaming up w members of the Guardians

Saw it last night and damn is it good! :D

I keep telling people to go see it, and I got two, evenly split reactions:

Reaction 1: rolled eyes of those who haven't seen it, and probably won't

Reaction 2: "I know, right?!?!" from those who have.

I keep telling people to go see it, and I got two, evenly split reactions:

Reaction 1: rolled eyes of those who haven't seen it, and probably won't

Reaction 2: "I know, right?!?!" from those who have.
To the group in Reaction 1: f*** them and it's their loss. Besides tickets are doing just fine without them, lol

Saw it the other day. Epicness! Can't wait for the next one :D

many times that the whole cinema was laughing as well. I would be tempted to see this again.

Pretty much this and then laughing at the person who couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

I've been avoiding reading anything about the film since the original trailer broke, since I don't want to spoil too much about films I'm genuinely interested in seeing.

Went and saw the film earlier today and was completely blown away by it. I was expecting it to be a more silly and ridiculous version of The Avengers, since they're both Marvel products. And while that might have been true, what really astonished me was the amount of heart and soul put into this movie. I'm not sure any other Marvel film got such an emotional response out of me.

Easily 10/10 for me. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

It's finally showing in Germany - a month late from the rest of the world -.- Well, better late then never. Watched in 3D with original English soundtrack. Wasn't sure what to expect since I'm only very mildly familiar with the comics and Marvel universe... but it sure as hell didn't disappoint, I had a stupid big grin on my face from a few minutes in to the very end :)

I love it hos in the first scene you get a big emotional kick in the face. I was like, 'wtf, I don't even know these people?!' :lol:

Saw it a few days ago, 2D, was excelent! I went in with al the praise and high expectation, which is always WRONG. At first I didn't think it was that amazing, I mean, good, but maybe not that spectacular.
But the more I think about it, I see I can't find any faults, and it really is very good! I'll have to watch it again to make sure, heh