RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
250px-The_Punisher_logo.jpeg

Just watched the first 2 episodes.

Pretty slow paced, but not bad so far.

I'm not hooked, but I will keep watching, see where it goes.

Yeah, a few episodes in myself. Will watch further for sure, even though I agree, a bit slow paced...

I'm 4 episodes in, and while slower than expected, I still like it and will probably resume watching in just a few minutes.. :)

-edit-
Just finished episode 9 and I am not a fan of the "plot twist".. or "new development" or whatever you wanna call it.. because I think it's a pile of crap.

Last edited:
I'm 4 episodes in, and while slower than expected, I still like it and will probably resume watching in just a few minutes.. :)

-edit-
Just finished episode 9 and I am not a fan of the "plot twist".. or "new development" or whatever you wanna call it.. because I think it's a pile of crap.

Finished the whole serie yesterday.

I really liked it. Despite being quite slow, and the story-line having little to do with the original comic books, the character itself was portrayed perfectly, and I was impressed by the level of violence they managed to put in in a few episodes. Not that I am a big fan of gratuitous violence, but in a story about the Punisher, it's kinda required.

thomas, what is the plot twist in episode 9 (in spoiler tags of course) ?

Finished the whole serie yesterday.

I really liked it. Despite being quite slow, and the story-line having little to do with the original comic books, the character itself was portrayed perfectly, and I was impressed by the level of violence they managed to put in in a few episodes. Not that I am a big fan of gratuitous violence, but in a story about the Punisher, it's kinda required.

thomas, what is the plot twist in episode 9 (in spoiler tags of course) ?

Haven't gone past that episode yet, but I might later tonight.

I mean this "random dude I didn't give a shits about blows up the city, punisher gets seen on site and gets the blame and is suddenly the bad guy again.. basically rebooting the last appearance, where he started out as a bad-bad guy, and then they kinda let him be a good-bad guy until his presumed death. Now he was starting to be kinda good-bad again, and then they of course had to "frame" him (using the storyline) for this other idiots shit, so he's back to bad-bad and in public again...

Having just finished the whole season, I'm glad to see that said issue was thankfully not really played a significant role in the rest of the story.

And damn.. E12.. mother of violence.. surprising overall end imo. Positively surprised.

Well this is a first... couldn't be bothered to finish the season. (and I managed to finish Luke Cage and Iron Fist).

Well this is a first... couldn't be bothered to finish the season. (and I managed to finish Luke Cage and Iron Fist).

I really can't understand that, especially since you suffered through Iron Shit, which I have yet to bother.

9 episodes in and I am quite enjoying it.
The plot is not what I expected. Depicting how fucked up it is to be a war veteran was unexpected and quite an interesting take on the Punisher story.

I've watched the whole first season by now and quite liked it. The thing I least liked was John Bernthal's tendency to speak really murmurous.

Surprising to me was the low amount of violence, as in, the Punisher kills really few people over the course of the season. I think in most eps, he doesn't kill anyone at all, but instead some of the bad guys mow through "good" mooks left, right and center. But this was not a bad thing. They portrayed the Punisher as someone who doesn't have any qualms about killing people and being quite brutal about it, but he only does it very selectively.
And this was also precisely the point about the B-plot about the crazy war veteran turned terrorist and the gun-control advocating Senator: Showing that Frank Castle is different than your average right-wing gun nut. In a show that I expected to basically be shootout after shootout, this thoughtfulness was a pleasant surprise to me.

Overall, I quite liked it. It was in no way as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but on par with Luke Cage and definitely better than Iron Fist and Defenders.

I've watched the whole first season by now and quite liked it. The thing I least liked was John Bernthal's tendency to speak really murmurous.

Surprising to me was the low amount of violence, as in, the Punisher kills really few people over the course of the season. I think in most eps, he doesn't kill anyone at all, but instead some of the bad guys mow through "good" mooks left, right and center. But this was not a bad thing. They portrayed the Punisher as someone who doesn't have any qualms about killing people and being quite brutal about it, but he only does it very selectively.
And this was also precisely the point about the B-plot about the crazy war veteran turned terrorist and the gun-control advocating Senator: Showing that Frank Castle is different than your average right-wing gun nut. In a show that I expected to basically be shootout after shootout, this thoughtfulness was a pleasant surprise to me.

Overall, I quite liked it. It was in no way as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but on par with Luke Cage and definitely better than Iron Fist and Defenders.

I agree with you.
I liked the fact that they gave some context to what he is doing and why he is doing it.
He is not a likeable person, but you still feel bad for him and all the shit he went through and and you understand why he acts like that. He clearly has a tendency to try and solve everything using violence, but feels bad when he notices it's not the ideal course of action, because he is still human.
The other veterans are a sour reminder that he's not the only one that comes back fucked up, and showing their struggles gave it a human background to all the shit that goes on in a war.
Anyway: in short, I was pleasantly surprised by the way the drove the story, making it more than just "guy with military training kills bad guys".

Anyone else thought they are setting up Billy Russo to come back as Jigsaw?
That mirror scene was brutal.

Anyone else thought they are setting up Billy Russo to come back as Jigsaw?
That mirror scene was brutal.

Yes, the ending is the birth of Jigsaw.

It wasn't quite what I expected, but decent enough.

I know it's entertainment but I think they could have made a little more effort to make the fighting more plausible.
It annoys me that Punisher get's shot so many times at short range and they almost always hits his body armor, yet the grunts on both sides gets taken out by head shots left and right. The bad guys should be awere that he is wearing armor and go for head shots. And doesn't it take thick heavy plate armor to stop 5.56 rounds?

That annoyed me a bit, but hey, it's television. :p

250px-The_Punisher_logo.jpeg

Just watched the first 2 episodes.

Pretty slow paced, but not bad so far.

I'm not hooked, but I will keep watching, see where it goes.

Season 2 is now available. Watched 1.5 episodes yesterday, but I was too tired to continue.

Just like season 1, it starts pretty slow, but I'm looking forward to see how it develops.

It's out already?
Sweet!
I loved the trailer!

I enjoyed the season overall but there were some annoying parts where characters do really stupid things. Still my favorite Marvel show though.

Agreed. Some things annoyed me but, overall I liked this season.

The fact they had two antagonists was well-balanced. The empathy for Billy, since he didn't remember the shit he did, was a nice touch.
The final encounter between him and Frank was perfect: "I knew it was you..." BANG BANG. No speech, no second thoughts, no hesitation.
The very end, when they face the Mama and Papa Schultz was also very good. The image of her blood covering everything was a powerful metaphor, although David coming out as a good person after being raised by them was a bit of a stretch. Frank realizing he is not a good person was good, gave him some depth.

Things I disliked: Pilgrim driving around a car from DHS and NO ONE batting an eye. Said car having EVERY PLACE Madani went in the navigation history. OP SEC, anyone?
Also, apparently Frank forgot how to block incoming hits. We all know you're a badass, but getting punched/hit in the face repeatedly is not a good strategy.

All in all, a good season. Ben Barnes and Jon Bernthal were great, as was Amber Rose Revah. A good balance of badass and relatable human.

Reactions: TC
And... it's gone. Cancelled.

But it sounds like Netflix is cleaning house of all Marvel productions since Disney is setting up their own streaming service. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is much hope that Disney will bring back any of these Netflix MCU shows on their service, due to distribution rights and their own original shows in the works.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...leting-its-marvel-extermination/#194e5e646a15