Maserati Biturbo To Be Crushed

Bingo. And as many are aware, whenever the government uses a slang term in a law that does not have a precise meaning, guess what? Quite often people will go with what they think is a correct course of action based on their understanding of the term... only to find out that an ambitious Federal prosecutor thinks it means something else and has managed to convince a grand jury that his definition is correct.

There are hundreds if not thousands of people in jail right now because of this phenomenon (usually because of equally ambiguous firearms laws that the government has no interest in clarifying) and anyone who's heard of it wants no part of it. If you want examples, I can give them.

This ambiguity in the law is why I can't buy the rear axle assembly off this C4C truck. It's about to be irrelevant though as it's getting crushed Wednesday to make room for something else.

It does say you can purchase the parts separately. Disassemble the rear end and pay for each part on its own. But hey if you went to all the trouble to talk to a lawyer and they say no go then fine.

I would still email the NHTSA they have been getting back to people about adding cars or engine options that got missed on the clunker list so they probably would eventually get back to you. Doesn't help for this particular car but would help for someone else might help you if another one shows up.