Mass Effect 2

does anyone know the name of the song that plays during the end credits? Is it on the OST?

Isn't it just the main theme, if so I don't think it is actually...

does anyone know the name of the song that plays during the end credits? Is it on the OST?

it is on the soundtrack. its track number 12 of the second disc called "Suicide Mission"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r2txD68qnw[/YOUTUBE]

On a different note, Penny Arcade posted a link with retail sales for the XBox 360 and other consoles and how Mass Effect 2 has affected those sales. Makes for a bit of interesting reading.

Mass Effect 2 debuts at #2, hardware is down
by Christopher Grant
Sure, last month's NPD numbers post had all sorts of green arrows plastered all about its form -- this month, we knew things would go down. Little known fact: Christmas never occurs in January, and this year is no exception. Without Consumermas driving console adoption, numbers were down across the board; what's not so obvious is that numbers were also down year-over-year. That means that overall sales are down 13 percent since last January, way back in ought nine.
Nintendo's consoles lost the most in sales, with the Wii dropping a hefty 88 percent; however, that still wasn't enough to knock the white wonder from its top spot. The Xbox 360 and PS3 continue their back-and-forth battle, with the Xbox reclaiming its number three spot again, having just reclaimed it in November. A good reason for the Xbox's "victory": the not-available-on-PS3 Mass Effect 2, which pushed an impressive 572,000 units in the six short days following its January 26 release. That still wasn't enough to dethrone New Super Mario Bros. Wii, though, which moved 657,000 units with a full month of sales propelling it.
Beyond Mass Effect 2, the bottom of the software sales list is made up of similar newcomers: Army of Two: The 40th Day in 8th, Just Dance in 9th place, and Darksiders just making the cut. Really, universe? Just Dance made the top ten while the excellent MAG is nowhere to be found? Color us disappointed in all of you.

-Wii: 466K3.34M (-86%)
-DS: 422K2.89M (-85%)
-360: 333K977K (-65%)
-PS3: 277K1.08M (-74%)
-PSP: 100K361K (-72%)
-PS2: 42K291K (-86%)

Check out the software sales chart after the break.
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Wii - Nintendo - 656.7K
2. Mass Effect 2 - Xbox 360 - Electronic Arts - 572.1K
3. Wii Fit Plus - Wii - Nintendo - 555.7K
4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360 - Activision - 326.7K
5. Mario Kart w/ Wheel - Wii - Nintendo - 310.9K
6. Wii Sports Resort - Wii - Nintendo - 297.6K
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 - Activision - 259K
8. Army of Two: The 40th Day - Xbox 360 - Electronic Arts - 246.5K
9. Just Dance - Wii - Ubisoft - 191.9K
10. Darksiders - Xbox 360 - THQ - 171.2K

Original Article: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/11/january-npd-mass-effect-2-debuts-at-2-hardware-is-down/#continued

Last edited:
^ that ZP guy always comes off sounding as a complete idiot and therefore loses any credibility to me. i've never been able to sit through one of those things and always end up thinking he sounds like a complete ranting, foaming of the mouth idiot.

[...]he sounds like a complete ranting, foaming of the mouth idiot.
... and that?s pretty much what he?s going for. You see, the media that accompany (or specialize) gaming or video games, tend to be quite uncritical at the medium to a degree that you often get the feeling these people are just fanboys. ZP is a kind of the counterweight for that, I think. That doesn?t mean I?d sign my name under every sentence he makes, but for someone my age that has been playing videogames for more than 20 years, the mayority of todays games are a frustrating mess. When I read mainstream media reviews of games that I?ve played, I often want to puke at the level of non-criticalness and jumping on the hypetrain. And a lot of people feel the same way, wich makes ZP the big sucess that it is ...

On the ME2 review ... I have to say I was surprised how much he seemed to like the game. That even made me (who doesn?t normaly like any RPG) interested :hmm:

So I would have to spend months replaying ME1-3 to get all the different plot options?

Thank god for Youtube.

On the ME2 review ... I have to say I was surprised how much he seemed to like the game. That even made me (who doesn?t normaly like any RPG) interested :hmm:

ME1 was already quite shooter-y for an RPG imo, and ME2's RPG elements are even more simplified and streamlined. So really, it's more of a light RPG shooter imo.
Except that in your average shooter you of course have by far less conversations and story.

It has all the story of a full RPG, and most of the shooting of a shooter.

Not enough of the RPG elements and massive exploration as I was expecting, though.

Same, but I still ended the experience 100% satisfied

Definitely one of the most awesome pieces of game music I've heard.

I thought Tali was one of the standouts for this soundtrack. It starts slow, but after 90 seconds it builds up into an epic tempo with these violin-esque string beats. Plus, it brings up memories of one of the best fights of the game.

http://ta-nehisicoates.theatlantic....ep_space_and_the_negroinjunkrogan_problem.php

Pretty interesting read on the more real-life issues that ME brings up beneath its glossified skin. I kind of wish Bioware has the balls to actually dig deeper and show us these issues instead of just giving us a lecture on them, but I imagine that might turn off a large part of the fanbase (and business).

For example, on Tuchanka,
instead of telling us about the genophage (mostly through dialogue and Mordin's personal quest), they actually show us stillborn krogan babies, and the trauma that this brings to the Krogan race, and how it instills in them a sense of hopelessness and suicide, and why most Krogan are found as mercenaries or blood-for-hire. That would be a much more powerful image instead of Mordin blabbering on and on.

I love the game but unfortunately there is no real story there, too much time wasted on crew members...

I love the game but unfortunately there is no real story there, too much time wasted on crew members...

The team building IS the story