Mass Effect 2

(7) Option to play in first person =D

Ok i'm gonna get some flak for this

Well I assumed cos Mass Effect was such a hit with the xbox players, who are big fans of 3rd person shooters like Gears of War and all the "cover and shoot" instead of the first person shooters (although Halo was pretty big).. I prefer 1st person, cos I've always been a PC gamer.

I think having the option for both would be interesting. Especially while taking cover in the first person. You lose that advantage of knowing exactly where the enemy is. It certainly would be closer to what a real gunfight is like.

I played sniper for the sole reason of being able to aim 1st-person :D

I think having the option for both would be interesting. Especially while taking cover in the first person. You lose that advantage of knowing exactly where the enemy is. It certainly would be closer to what a real gunfight is like.

Exactly... with 3rd person you get behind a wall, work your mouse and see everything that's coming, quite easy.

If ME2 was trying to recreate a real gunfight, it wouldn't have regenerative health, shields, quick-saving/quick-loading, biotic powers, or aliens.

I don't see any harm to adding a first-person view for those who want it, but I don't see much point either.

Rainbow Six Vegas had a good mix of both and still think it was the best version out of all. doesn't get in the way of gameplay or the story.

I went with the human who acted like a bitch at the beggining ... errhhh ... shait, long time since I've played it. And then ran into my previous love interest Williams?
But then if you wanna see the romance scenes, go to youtube like I did
Disappointed on all of them :p

I went with the human who acted like a bitch at the beggining ... errhhh ... shait, long time since I've played it. And then ran into my previous love interest Williams?
But then if you wanna see the romance scenes, go to youtube like I did
Disappointed on all of them :p

Miranda (as based upon the lovely Yvonne Strahovski)
i've never really seen the point on seeing them all on youtube, especially since i play the game multiple times but in differing variations.

Miranda (as based upon the lovely Yvonne Strahovski)
i've never really seen the point on seeing them all on youtube, especially since i play the game multiple times but in differing variations.

Aahhh I tried playing it a second time being a total renegade but when you sort of know what's coming... its not the same. My second character is sitting there waiting for me to play it but I think it'll have to keep waiting xD
And yeah Miranda was lovely :p

Mass-Effect-2-Miranda-Ugly-Game-Characters.jpg

Last edited:
Aahhh I tried playing it a second time being a total renegade but when you sort of know what's coming... its not the same. My second character is sitting there waiting for me to play it but I think it'll have to keep waiting xD
And yeah Miranda was lovely :p

Mass-Effect-2-Miranda-Ugly-Game-Characters.jpg

meh, once you take a can opener to Tali you never look back.

Hummm this?

[video=youtube;BXeoiA-JW00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXeoiA-JW00[/video]

It's not thaaaaaat good :p