Mass Effect 2

From this thread that was linked in the article.

Got my new Game Informer, read the ME3 article. Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way.

So what about for the people who didn't buy Arrival and incorporate it into their main storyline?

From this thread that was linked in the article.

So what about for the people who didn't buy Arrival and incorporate it into their main storyline?

From what I've heard, you don't have much in the way of choice as the story goes, so about all we'd miss is a couple hours of gameplay. If I'm wrong, feel free to show me the error of my ways.

Got my new Game Informer, read the ME3 article. Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way.

Confirmed squadmates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive) and... James Sanders... That must be the guy from the trailer, I don't remember.

Speaking of which, there's a screenshot of Ashley with her hair down, and she actually looks hot. Don't have a scanner, so wait till someone with one turns up.

Confirmed to appear, but not guaranteed as squaddies: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. Obviously, if they live.

The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.

The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 style, with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 style, but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.

All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.

Also mentioned: The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.

That's basically the gist of it, except for the sidebars filled with stuff everyone already knows.

got this from gamefaqs

I started giggling with glee halfway through reading it.

Beat Mass Effect 1. The story was pretty good, animation was a bit iffy, gameplay was good, but inventory management was a royal PITA. I'm really really enjoying Mass Effect 2 now. I'd say to skip the first game, except there are so many references in the second... and I have to wonder if they are all influenced by my decisions. Even tiny encounters that were and are completely useless

In the first game, you meet two people having a discussion about genetically enhancing a woman's unbord child, i.e. the risks and benefits. You can talk to them and help them make a decision. In the second game, you meet a couple having a similar argument. Finally one of them exclaims "I don't know, maybe you should ask random people on the street!" Made me laugh.

Posting to remind myself that anyone who has DAII before the end of April can get a free download copy of ME2 (PC) through the bioware social site.

Not that I have any real reason to do it other than just because I can.

Bioware is contemplating taking over our lives.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...kes-sense-according-to-biowares-casey-hudson/

A Mass Effect MMO "makes sense" according to BioWare's Casey Hudson in an interview with Game Informer. BioWare is wondering where the Mass Effect series should go now that Mass Effect 3 is set for this year. One option they've been tossing around is multiplayer.

"We?ve been trying to think of a way that makes sense for people to experience Mass Effect with their friends. We haven?t yet come up with a way to do that, so we don?t have anything to announce at this time. But, obviously, multiplayer is something we want to do more of in the future as a company."

C'mon Bioware. Do it, I dare ya.

Bioware is contemplating taking over our lives.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...kes-sense-according-to-biowares-casey-hudson/

C'mon Bioware. Do it, I dare ya.

Sounds more like marketing speak than any solid details. Altho to be fair, I doubt Bioware/EA will just let this cash cow go away, there will definitely be more ME games after 3.

Also, did anyone else manage to get the "Last Stand" achievement in the Arrival DLC (the big fight in the Object Rho room where you face waves of enemies and a mech)? I finally managed to survive it on Insanity after spending a solid couple of hours on it, but only after using the Stasis exploit.

Last edited:
As long as you aren't in the middle the dudes all come at you from one side. Just make sure to kill the pyro jackasses before they immolate you and it's not that hard, and don't be afraid to pull out your heavy weapon. I did it on insanity and took three tries, btw.