Mass Effect 2

The timeline is funny.

i know it doesn't count the lvl or gear. i'm not sure about alignment all i know is that it knows how the game ended and what characters were alive when it reached the ending. other than that i'm not really sure.

I think that's all anyone knows. I'm pretty sure BioWare's keeping a lid on a lot of things until we have game in-hand.

I'm not, of course, speaking from past experiences with BioWare realeases at all. :p

So, I preordered from Gamestop. They were no longer taking orders for the special edition at the store I go to! :blowup:

All my local Gamestops have been sold out of special editions apparently since they came out. :(

Two things that really interested me:

Different plots, and different side quests, will become available or be blocked off depending on your actions in the first game. Hudson elaborated, "The quests are different and the things that happen in them are different, and that's true of a lot of the plots. The things you have to do really only make sense if you made a certain choice previously or if certain characters are alive or dead."

But just because you started a relationship with one character, that doesn't mean you'll finish it with him or her. "I also think that some of the very same people who are worried that their love interest from the first one won't be a squad member will probably end up cheating on their love interest from Mass Effect 1 anyway," said Hudson. "The ones in Mass Effect 2 are really compelling. That will be an interesting thing, too, to see whether people can stay true to their Mass Effect 1 love interest on the level that you'd think they would. The great thing is that we can track this with Achievements and find out if people did this."

Fantastic! It's looking better and better every time I see a new article or video.

So, I preordered from Gamestop. They were no longer taking orders for the special edition at the store I go to! :blowup:

All my local Gamestops have been sold out of special editions apparently since they came out. :(

pre-ordered my special edition at my local GameStation yesterday. Didn't want to run the risk of not being able to get the game. Also gave me a excuse to put in a pre-order for Splinter Cell Conviction at the same time.

New gameplay videos and screens of the first 90 minutes.

Gameplay may contain spoilers.

first 90 mins of Mass Effect 2? I'll have to add that website address to my 'must avoid' list. One of the best things about Mass Effect was that first playthrough and experiencing the storyline as it developed. By finding out what happens in the first 90 or so minutes, it'd essentially ruin for me something that keeps me excited about the new game.
Also i'd seriously think that Bioware and EA are monitoring those who post so much spoiler content and would probably clamp down incredibly fast. Its people that run websites like that who ruin game experiences for people. Its almost the equivalent of someone going on youtube saying "yo, i saw the first few minutes of the sequel, he dies, she lives and the other one runs off with the car."

I won't watch it either. Think about this too, what's to say that 90 minutes are going to be the same you're going to have? I just want to watch my own. I will watch it afterward in order to see any differences.

I have a feeling this game will have ridiculous replay value.

Its official, i have never wanted a game so much in my life.

forza 3, CoD 2-4-MW2, bioshock, arhkum asylum etc

They all pale in comparison to the amount of DO WANT i have for this game

Do%20want.jpg

Last edited:

well it is Bioware, these people do have a habit of making games that can be played over and over and have differing results in each playthrough. SW:KotOR and Jade Empire are good examples there along with the original Mass Effect.
Although i do agree, it does seem that there are going to be an insane amount of playthroughs. i'm guessing a lot higher than any i've seen before in a game.

Even worse, since your choices in ME1 affect your quests in ME2, I'm sensing some EPIC replays. All the way back to the beginning of game 1.

And there's supposedly a third ME planned. I'm going to waste my entire life on this game series.

its very likely i'll be playing this game so much that when i go get some sleep i'll still see the hud in my dreams.

I lol'd

Its official, i have never wanted a game so much in my life.

forza 3, CoD 2-4-MW2, bioshock, arhkum asylum etc

They all pale in comparison to the amount of DO WANT i have for this game

Do%20want.jpg

See, I've never played ME1, and now even I am looking forward to this game.

So much so that I haven't watched any of the spoiler videos cause I wanna experience this game first hand...what the hell. You guys should be salespeople.

See, I've never played ME1

Are you insane, man?!?! Hot women! Big guns! Epic scenery! Shifty looking cows! (Okay, that last one you'll just have to trust me on.)

You can get a used copy for about $15 at GameStop. Go buy it now.

Seriously, this is the game that introduced me to gaming. Before ME, I thought games were kinda fun, but not really worth my time. Bioware changed my mind.

Anyway, you'll want to have a character already sorted before you start ME2, just to see how the decisions you made in the first game play out in the second.