Mass Effect 2

spicysaurus

Car(s)
2007 MX-5
Pre-orders for ME2 now available.

I seriously might have to take time off work for this game. I played the first one through at least 6 times. Probably more. The sequel looks even better, with much better combat and awesome weapons.

And apparently your choices in the first game affect the story in the second game if you maintain your character profile.

Really looking forward to this.

Yes, this is another huge one I'm waiting for. Pre-order at Gamestop get you this armor and heavy weapon...

ME2_bonusLG2.jpg

ME2_bonusLG1.jpg

The Terminus Armor: Like all modern combat hard-suits, Terminus armor is environmentally sealed with an independent air supply for use in space and extreme planetary conditions, with an onboard ?micro-frame? computer capable of running a suite of battle management software. To prevent detection by passive thermal sensors, body heat is channeled to the base of the feet, where it can be dispersed into the ground.

* Increases storm speed by 10%
* Increase shields +15%
* Increases all weapons reserve ammo by +1

M-490 Blackstorm: The Blackstorm encases a few particles of matter within a high-powered mass-increasing field, elevating them to near-infinite mass and creating a powerful localized gravity well that draws nearby enemies and objects into itself. The rapidly-increasing gravity near the event horizon of the singularity rips the objects apart.

* Fires a singularity projectile that draws in nearby enemies, and then explosively hurls them away.
* Can be charged up to create larger more powerful singularities.

^Is that the ridiculous weapon I've seen in the previews that basically destroys everything within a 10 m radius?

Considering how much i loved the first Mass Effect and i played it to death using every possible story ending. I'm really looking forward to playing the sequel. Especially when i learned the game will take into account the ending of your characters in the first game.
Plus its Bioware, even if it wasn't Mass Effect i'd still end up buying a game from these people. I'm still yet to see them produce a turkey.

^Is that the ridiculous weapon I've seen in the previews that basically destroys everything within a 10 m radius?

Not sure. But, the "Heavy Weapons" class is obviously new. So I would imagine we're going to see big chaos makers. :)

I love that technobabble :lol:. Truth be told, I still haven't gotten around to playing Mass Effect, even though I'm a big Bioware fan. I should probably get to that soon.

Perfect timing on this thread: I have the PC version sitting on my desk, and i have a mac. I don't have XP. The local PC shop is closed. . . so I have time to decide if its worth building a $500 gaming PC or just do boot camp.

I played KOTOR to death. All the storylines, multiple times per character, even spent a game getting KH-47 maxed out. Bioware became part of my holy trinity of game companies (Lucas Arts, Bungie, Biware).

Mass Effect didn't grab me immediately when I played it. I still purchased the game (pre order) but I never got around to investing the time.

Is it as good as or better than KoToR?

Is it as good as or better than KoToR?

Better. It's so cinematographic. That's one of the things I love most about it; it's like you're actively participating in a movie. It has the typical awesome storytelling that Bioware is famous for as well.

Plus, it has some moments where you have to make a choice, and it's hard not to be emotionally invested. I had to play it through 5 times before i could make the renegade choice in one part, just because it felt so wrong.

There's also quite a bit of downloadable content that is really well-developed. You can get an entire extra world, worth about as much playtime as any of the major plot worlds in the game.

Sorry, I'm gushing. I just love that game so much!

Oooh! I forgot about the downloadable content. . . and then you have the saved game connection to ME2. Dang. Tomorrow morning - after all the beer wears off - I'm going to seriously think about building myself a $500 PC.

Better. It's so cinematographic. That's one of the things I love most about it; it's like you're actively participating in a movie. It has the typical awesome storytelling that Bioware is famous for as well.

I'm upset they decided to go MMO with the next Star Wars game, just think how awesome KoTOR 3 would have been with ME's combat system, epic story-telling, and everything else.

Plus, it has some moments where you have to make a choice, and it's hard not to be emotionally invested. I had to play it through 5 times before i could make the renegade choice in one part, just because it felt so wrong.

Which part are you talking about? Without giving too much away, my hardest choice was at the end.

There's also quite a bit of downloadable content that is really well-developed. You can get an entire extra world, worth about as much playtime as any of the major plot worlds in the game.

Sorry, I'm gushing. I just love that game so much!

Bring Down the Sky pissed me off, I could figure out how to navigate the mines. In fact, I don't think I ever completed it. I still haven't gotten the other one, not sure yet if I want to.

I'm upset they decided to go MMO with the next Star Wars game, just think how awesome KoTOR 3 would have been with ME's combat system, epic story-telling, and everything else...

Yeah, but the potential for the new Star Wars game is truly EPIC. I could very well loose my job when / if that comes out. I get chills watching the gameplay and dispatch videos they have released. I'm such a SW geek.

Yeah, but the potential for the new Star Wars game is truly EPIC. I could very well loose my job when / if that comes out. I get chills watching the gameplay and dispatch videos they have released. I'm such a SW geek.

Don't get me wrong, the game will bankrupt me faster than anything else, but damnit, I want closure in the KoTOR series. I want to know what's out there.

Yeah...let's just hope this time they can make exploring the "side-quest" worlds a bit more interesting besides running through the same building model every single time. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that was the biggest letdown of the first game. Alongside not being to seduce Tali, that form-fitting, hermetically-sealed enviro suit does wonders to her curves.

Last edited: