Mass Effect 2

Yeah...let's just hope this time they can make exploring the "side-quest" worlds a bit more interesting besides running through the same building model every single time. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that was the biggest letdown of the first game. Alongside not being to seduce Tali, that form-fitting, hermetically-sealed enviro suit does wonders to her curves.

The same building model didn't really bother me. Possibility of cheap, prefab outposts in the future and all that.

Wooing Tali, however, would've been nice. Sure she might get severely ill, but there's modern medicine and what's a reward without a big risk.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Were it not for Forza 3, I would be completing my second playthrough in order to reach level 60 for ME2. Well, since I just walked out on my job today, I guess I have some more time, eh? :)

I'm really looking forward to this game. Were it not for Forza 3, I would be completing my second playthrough in order to reach level 60 for ME2. Well, since I just walked out on my job today, I guess I have some more time, eh? :)

From what I gather, only choices made in the first game carry over to the second, not level and equipment. Which is a shame. I want my 1,000,000+ credits so I can immediately begin to start whipping ass.

I played the hell out of the first mass effect. in fact, i will probably work on my lvl 59 character playthrough tomowwor. fuckits hard to tyoe when your hammeded/

Let's just say I liked ME1 enough to put in the effort to get all achievemnts for it on the 'box. :wicked:

And I got to play a preview version of ME2 at the GamesCom, very much looking forward to that. My only problem is time - I already have Forza 3, Tekken 6 and TBoGT lying around without enough time to play them, and then there's AC2 as well... :(

Which part are you talking about? Without giving too much away, my hardest choice was at the end.

My hardest choice was the Rachni queen.

racingfan1 said:
Bring Down the Sky pissed me off, I could figure out how to navigate the mines. In fact, I don't think I ever completed it. I still haven't gotten the other one, not sure yet if I want to.

Seriously? Just go around the back and run. If you haven't gotten past the mines, you haven't even seen half that mission.

And the second one was so difficult, I don't know if I could finish it again. Although it might be enough to get to level 60 in a single playthrough, depending on how you work it. I only made 54, but in a single playthrough that's rather amazing, when I wasn't even trying to level up.

Oooh! I forgot about the downloadable content. . . and then you have the saved game connection to ME2. Dang. Tomorrow morning - after all the beer wears off - I'm going to seriously think about building myself a $500 PC.

Or just buy an XBox. Elites are pretty cheap these days.

Yeah...let's just hope this time they can make exploring the "side-quest" worlds a bit more interesting besides running through the same building model every single time. :rolleyes:

Seriously, that was the biggest letdown of the first game. Alongside not being to seduce Tali, that form-fitting, hermetically-sealed enviro suit does wonders to her curves.

I actually give them props... they had a few different designs on the worlds. It takes quite a bit of work/time/money/etc. to design different environments, and they gave us several to play with. And every world was so gorgeous, I'd spend time just driving around it looking at horizons and stuff.

And, being a girl, I'm sad I couldn't seduce Wrex. He's cooler than Kaiden, and fights better too.

I wonder if your girlfriend carries over from the first game to the second?

My hardest choice was the Rachni queen.

On that note, I hated how no matter what you did, the council would later tell you that you're a terrible person. Bunch of wankers. <_<
That was the last straw that made me go "fuck the council!" in the end (although I did save them in my first playthrough).

On that note, I hated how no matter what you did, the council would later tell you that you're a terrible person. Bunch of wankers. <_<
That was the last straw that made me go "fuck the council!" in the end (although I did save them in my first playthrough).

actually i did 2 play throughs, one where i was the model of humanity and saved everyones lives and helped others before myself.
second time was more fun because i was able to be a complete ass, tell people to go f*** themselves, kill those who didn't agree with me and saved the galaxy by letting those alien council hippies die.
usually when it comes to these things the first playthrough i do all the goody good stuff and the second run through is always more fun because being the evil b*****d is where the fun is.
I'd also say that the moment where you have to make a decision about the crew was one of the hardest decisions i had made in a game because i had grown to like both characters and took me at least a good 5 mins to think it through. they don't write games as good as that all the time now.

I'd also say that the moment where you have to make a decision about the crew was one of the hardest decisions i had made in a game because i had grown to like both characters and took me at least a good 5 mins to think it through. they don't write games as good as that all the time now.

Yeah, I always struggle with that one as well. I wonder if those characters are in the sequel?

Yeah, I always struggle with that one as well. I wonder if those characters are in the sequel?

the one you save is, the one you leave to take that explosion in the face is probably still smeared across the ground.

on a side note, for those who got Dragon Age Origins, if you downloaded the Blood Armor you'll be able to use that armor in Mass Effect 2 as well.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CITi3kgpTfM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Or just buy an XBox. Elites are pretty cheap these days.

Very true but.... I hate game consoles. :blink: I know I know. I can't say why, but they never grabbed me - I always miss the kbd and mouse. Plus the XBox live people I have met have always left me wanting.

I wonder if your girlfriend carries over from the first game to the second?

Apparently not, as Shepard is quite the Man-Slut as seen in this ME2 trailer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd51bx-epLU[/YOUTUBE]

And I honestly don't think I had any difficult choices in the first game except at the end, where you choose whether to save the alien Council ship. In the end I decided to save their asses, cause I wanted to chance to see the reactions on their faces when I eventually tell them "I told you so!", but alas, didn't get that opportunity before the game ended.

Kaiden: I let die cause I thought he was a pretentious little bitch from the start.

Rachni queen: I killed cause I hate insects, especially horribly-mutated extraterrestial ones.

Last edited:
Apparently not, as Shepard is quite the Man-Slut as seen in this ME2 trailer.

Damnit. But on the other hand, that could be advantageous. You know, bedroom scenes. :wicked:

And I honestly don't think I had any difficult choices in the first game except at the end, where you choose whether to save the alien Council ship. In the end I decided to save their asses, cause I wanted to chance to see the reactions on their faces when I eventually tell them "I told you so!", but alas, didn't get that opportunity before the game ended.

Kaiden: I let die cause I thought he was a pretentious little bitch from the start.

Rachni queen: I killed cause I hate insects, especially horribly-mutated extraterrestial ones.

I saved the council for the same reason. Pissed me off when all I got to do was choose military man or political ass-wipe to be the human rep.

As much as I like Carth, Kaiden had to die. I'm sorry, but when it's down to it, I'm going for the girl every time.

And the rachni queen, didn't really bother me either way, so I kept switching my decision every play through.

i don't know how interested people may be in this but theres a 4 part Mass Effect comic book on the way. First issue is scheduled for a Jan 2010 launch.
Called Mass Effect: Redemption it will take place shortly before the events of Mass Effect 2, it is being written by one of the writers of the Mass Effect games and is planned to tie-in with DLC scheduled for Mass Effect 2.
There's more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Redemption along with the cover of the first issue and a 7 page preview at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=3588&disp=table

i don't know how interested people may be in this but theres a 4 part Mass Effect comic book on the way. First issue is scheduled for a Jan 2010 launch.
Called Mass Effect: Redemption it will take place shortly before the events of Mass Effect 2, it is being written by one of the writers of the Mass Effect games and is planned to tie-in with DLC scheduled for Mass Effect 2.
There's more info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect:_Redemption along with the cover of the first issue and a 7 page preview at http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=3588&disp=table

Ooooo, I'm at work so I don't have the time right now to go through that review and preview panels, but at a glance it looks fantastic. I love it when a company can tie various media together well. Those look gorgeous.

Ooooo, I'm at work so I don't have the time right now to go through that review and preview panels, but at a glance it looks fantastic. I love it when a company can tie various media together well. Those look gorgeous.

yeah, i'm with you there. most normally i tend to avoid comic book tie-ins since they're usually used to plug more media interest and money into a product (you've only got to look at the recent Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2 comics and Halo releases). The thing thats swayed my mind here is that its being written by one of the ME game writers so it kind of lends it canonicity.
plus also i'm a sucker for Mass Effect merchandising, they could print the NR7 logo onto toilet paper and i'd probably end up buying it :p

The thing thats swayed my mind here is that its being written by one of the ME game writers so it kind of lends it canonicity.
plus also i'm a sucker for Mass Effect merchandising, they could print the NR7 logo onto toilet paper and i'd probably end up buying it :p

The comic's being written by Mac Walters, he's the other lead co-writer for the ME series, so I agree, it should be fantastic.

If they made replica Onyx armor, or any, with the N7 patch, it'd be in my possession faster than the inevitable stormtrooper armor will be.

The comic's being written by Mac Walters, he's the other lead co-writer for the ME series, so I agree, it should be fantastic.

If they made replica Onyx armor, or any, with the N7 patch, it'd be in my possession faster than the inevitable stormtrooper armor will be.

True fans make their own. ;)