Mass Effect 2

i keep hoping that they release a model kit for the Normandy. Its got to be one of the best starship designs i've seen in a long time and i'd easily part with my money for one.

also, i was doing my usual perusal of Mass Effect news and i found out some details about the collectors tin edition of ME2. (i'd take this with a pinch of salt until i hear something more concrete from Bioware themselves)

- a hard cover Art of Mass Effect 2 booklet
- one issue from the Mass Effect: Redemption comic series
- a behind-the-scenes DVD.
- unique in-game weapons and armor

i was already sold on that before hand. the purist in me wants the tin case so it goes with my Mass Effect 1 collectors edition.

Last edited:
i'd also say, having recently visited the Mass Effect official website, its made me want this game even more with glimpses of the new game and things such as the Krogan Homeworld. Also noticed some really great wallpapers on their website at http://masseffect.bioware.com/media/wallpapers i would warn though, one of the wallpapers seems to be a bit spoiler intensive. I had thought Bioware had pulled out the stops with Dragon Age: Origins but this looks like something else entirely. Thats one of two places i'd really like to see in the new game, the other being the Quarian Flotilla.

Last edited:
^Oooooo, those wallpapers are gorgeous! I now have the Citadel as my desktop at work. :)

Recently got this message from Bioware which while it doesn't apply to me, contains the system specs for Mass Effect 2 on PC. Anyway, message is below.

BioWare have released the system specs and DRM information for the upcoming Mass Effect 2 , putting some potential customers out of their misery. Here they are, straight from BioWare?s Chris Priestly.
OS = Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7 Processor = 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU Memory = 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7 Hard Drive = 15 GB DVD ROM = 1x Speed Sound Card = DirectX 9.0c compatible Direct X = DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included) Input = Keyboard / Mouse Video Card = 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support).
Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements.
Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. As for the game?s digital rights management, it?ll use the same as Dragon Age, which means a simple disc check, nothing more, nothing less.

I will be selling Assassins Creed 2 to cover most of the cost of this. I've done nearly everything in it, so, I'm done.

I was running through the Mass Effect website at http://masseffect.bioware.com/ which is always a big mistake since it just makes me want this game even more. However there were a few things i noticed in the FAQ of the game and figured i'd post them here for others to see since it does cover some of the stuff we've been discussing. some are spoilered due to plot lines.

Is Commander Shepard Alive?
Commander Shepard is the main playable character in Mass Effect 2, but Shepard?s death is a central theme in the story, especially since the Commander is preparing for what can only be described as a suicide mission.

How will our saved games from Mass Effect 1 work for Mass Effect 2?
If you finished Mass Effect 1 and continue from your savegame, you will see the consequences of your decisions from the first moments of Mass Effect 2. And throughout the game you will see the results of choices you made in Mass Effect 1, both large and small.

What if I didn?t play Mass Effect 1, or didn?t keep my savegame?
Mass Effect 2 starts with an introduction sequence which, in combination with interactive decisions made by the player, introduces new players to the storyline and establishes a "canon" backstory.

What DRM will you use for Mass Effect 2?
We will make an announcement about DRM at a later date.

What if I have multiple saved games?
You will be asked to pick a specific save game to import each time you start a new game of ME2.

If a character died in Mass Effect 1 will they come back in Mass Effect 2?

No ? they are dead!

What characters from Mass Effect 1 will come back for Mass Effect 2?
If you watch the various trailers and videos we have and will be releasing, you will start to see some familiar faces that are returning for the second game.

What improvements or advancements have been made for Mass Effect 2?
Mass Effect 2 incorporates improvements to nearly every aspect of the game, in areas such as combat and AI, space exploration, and technical systems such as area transitions, frame rates, and texture loading. All of these are incorporated into the overall game design, including a new planetary exploration vehicle.

Will the romances from Mass Effect 1 continue in Mass Effect 2?
Part of telling a great action / adventure story is having a love interest to give deeper meaning and character development to the relationships. So much like in the original Mass Effect, you will be able to develop relationships into love interests over the course of the game.

Will there be new romances to pursue?

Yes. You may see an appearance of your love interest from Mass Effect 1, and there will be completely new characters that can be developed into the love interest for Mass Effect 2.

Is combat going to be changed at all?
The overall concept of combat is very much the same, but every aspect has been polished and improved. You still command a squad of 3 characters with incredible special abilities. But many improvements have been made to give you better real-time tactical control of your squad as well as making the shooting controls much more fluid and precise. Location-based damage (head shots and blasting pieces off enemies ), new physics-based powers, and a new cover system make combat much more spectacular and intense.

Will there be any new weapons in Mass Effect 2?
Yes! Players will have a large variety of new weapons to use including a new system of Heavy Weapons.

Will there be hand to hand combat in Mass Effect 2?
Commander Shepard will have melee attacks he can use against enemies that get too close.

Is Mass Effect 2 still coming for the 360 first or will it come out for the PC at the same time?

We will release details about release timing at a later date.

Will there be a PS3 version of Mass Effect 1 and 2?
Mass Effect 2 is planned for the PC and Xbox 360.

Will there be any new biotic, tech, or soldier abilities in Mass Effect 2?
Absolutely ? stay tuned for more videos, screens and features that will reveal some of those.

Will the Normandy return in Mass Effect 2?

The Normandy plays a major role in Mass Effect 2.

Holy crap I should stop reading those. It makes me want the game NOW.

Also, how much of my life am I going to spend on epic playthroughs of 1 and 2, just to see all the different consequences of my choices? And when they release the third... I may never leave the house.

Will the romances from Mass Effect 1 continue in Mass Effect 2?
Part of telling a great action / adventure story is having a love interest to give deeper meaning and character development to the relationships. So much like in the original Mass Effect, you will be able to develop relationships into love interests over the course of the game.

I don't like the sound of that, I want to bang Ashley some more.

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=710074&forum=144

We know we have a lot of fans who are ready to pre-order Mass Effect 2, but are still waiting for information on whether their PC will run the game and what Digital Rights Management (DRM) Mass Effect 2 will use. Hopefully with the information below, you will now be able to pre-order your copy of Mass Effect 2 from your favorite retailer.

Minimum System Requirements
  • Operating System: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
  • Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
  • Hard Drive Space: 15 GB
  • DVD ROM: 1x Speed
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • DirectX: DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
  • Input: Keyboard / Mouse
  • Video Card: 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets - NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater.
  • Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Recommended System Requirements
  • Operating System: Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
  • Processor: 2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
  • DirectX: DirectX August 2008
  • Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended For the best results, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and audio cards. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Digital Rights Management (DRM)
The boxed/retail PC version of Mass Effect 2 will use only a basic disk check and it will not require online authentication. This is the same method as Dragon Age: Origins. Digital versions will use the retailers protection system.

Pfffffff, Ashley. Liara's where it's at. She's way hotter.

It was the poetry recital while killing geth that got me. :p

Anyway, have an of you seen the new character video for Tali?

If not and you don't mind spoilers:

She's been exiled from the Flotilla. Didn't really expect that, although I figured something would happen where she stayed on with Shepard.

It was the poetry recital while killing geth that got me. :p

Honestly, I have never played as a male character, so I've never even had the option to seduce Ashley. I ought to give it a try, but... it's like my friend said: if I have to stare at somebody's ass for 20 hours, I'd rather it was a woman than a man.

Pfffffff, Ashley. Liara's where it's at. She's way hotter.

not really a fan of Liara. she's ok at being all innocent and smart but i'd much rather bang the girl who'd have to salute me and call me sir by the end.

like another poster said, i would also like the option to bang Tali as well... that armor does wonders for her figure and i'd like nothing more seeing whats under that visor... hmm, then again... might be better to keep it on.

If you're bothered by comments of a sexual nature, don't click this.

I bet Ashley sucks a better dick. She strikes me as the type. Just saying.

:rolleyes: