Mass Effect 2

I'm going to go soldier, paragon, sex with the most normal-ish woman first.

Then I'll mix it up.

Thank you, it's now waiting in My Games tab, waiting to be released. ^_^

I ended up preordering the regular version through Gamestop. Wal-Mart was claiming to have preorders available for the special edition, but they were only charging $62, which is about the going price for the regular game. I don't quite trust that.

I'd rather get my stuff from Gamestop, where I'm guaranteed a copy on the 26th, than Wal-Mart, where anything is possible. Maybe I'll get lucky and there will be a special edition available on the release date.

Lucky for me, Gamestop is on my way to work. I'll be there when it opens. :)

And you guys who stick to a single character class are missing out. I like to change every time I play. It makes the experience richer.

Its only another 2 weeks for the release here in the UK. just keep getting the feeling that sods law is going to strike when i get the game, switch on the Xbox and whammo... red ring of death.

^ That's why you get it for PC. ;)

i've never been able to play games that have some kind of FPS method involved on a PC. it sounds stupid but when it comes to this i really prefer my Xbox for this game. the controls just seem more natral and fluid for it.

Oh, I won't. I have my good guy and my very bitchy girl.

i usually have my good guy run through first then when its the second run through it usually the bitch queen from hell. much more fun and far more satisfying. Especially since the female voice for Shepard in the first game was Jennifer Hale who provided the voice for Bastila in SW:KotOR.

Last edited:
i've never been able to play games that have some kind of FPS method involved on a PC. it sounds stupid but when it comes to this i really prefer my Xbox for this game. the controls just seem more natral and fluid for it.

I love having a mouse and keyboard for shooters. I can use it more effectively than a controller, saving me from wasting too many points on sniper rifles.

Especially since the female voice for Shepard in the first game was Jennifer Hale who provided the voice for Bastila in SW:KotOR.

And like the nerd I am, I made the most of it and had Bastila and Carth hook up. :lol: :|

I just can't play a male character. I tried, I really did. It just doesn't interest me as much.

Like a friend of mine says, "If I'm going to spend 50 hours staring at somebody's ass, it had better be a hot girl."

:D

I can play as a male. I just have to have a chick in party at all times. And the times on the ship I'm either spending talking to the wimminz or furthering the plot.

Fight for the Lost Shepard

[YOUTUBE]DjuFHW0wYxQ[/YOUTUBE]
I've skimmed the next video and didn't encounter any significant spoilers. However, it's probably best to watch after playing the game.

SCI vs Fi Doc.
"How do you create the illusion of free will with a fixed ending? Find out in part one of this exclusive Mass Effect 2 Sci vs Fi doc."
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-sci-mass-effect/60873

Slightly off-topic but i managed to complete Dragon Age: Origins earlier today and i swear that if Mass Effect 2 is anything on the scale of what DA:O was then i'll be very happy. I'm getting the impression more and more that the people in charge of Bioware must be the closest to the Kwisatz Haderach as humanly possible. The stuff they keep coming up with is light years ahead of most other games.
Despite how much i'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2, i also find myself hoping that they'll do a sequel to Dragon Age. I'm aware of the Awakening expansion pack scheduled for release in march but i grown to like these characters so much that i'd like to see them return.
my game ended much in the way that i'd like to see it continued, with my Grey Warden surviving killing the Archdemon by his "pact" with Morrigan. When the epilogue said that the Grey Warden ended up walking the lands looking for Morrigan i couldn't help but think "sequel, make the sequel right now damn you!" i was also incredibly surprised when you were given the choice to kill the young boy as well... i thought 'holy shit thats dark, hope the media doesn't hear about this!'

I'm pretty sure they'll do a sequel, but it will probably be a couple years away. BioWare has ME2, SW:TOR, and ME3 on the way.

How do they do it? They're still a fairly small company, aren't they?

Well, they do make sacrifices as well. I mean, DAO has a great storyline, but it looks like absolute shit. I hope if they make a sequel they put some more money into the graphics.

^I have to agree. It looks bad to me.

For some reason, when I hear this, I think of ME2. I think they did a cool job of covering the song.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW0_kTYvARc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: