Mass Effect 2

I hope if they make a sequel they put some more money into the graphics.

lol, console.

I love Dragon Age. I love it even more because it's a PC game with a bad console port. Gimped graphics, gimped camera, gimped combat. They really pushed that massively outdated KOTOR engine way too far, but my computer can handle it at 1920x1080 (also something consoles almost never get) with 4x AA, so I'm not complaining (much) :p

Slightly off-topic but i managed to complete Dragon Age: Origins earlier today and i swear that if Mass Effect 2 is anything on the scale of what DA:O was then i'll be very happy.

Oh god for my sanity's sake I hope not. DA:O, while truly a modern-day classic in its own right, is just wayyy too long. I just completed the Landsmeet part (yes I know I'm near the end) and all I can think about is how exhaustingly long the game was.h

Are you serious? I don't think it's any longer than ME. Even if you chase down every single side quest, it's still only 60, maybe 70 hours.

Of course, I suppose you could complete the main ME storyline in only about 20 hours or so. But what's the fun in that?

For those who don't want to know what's in the vid, I won't spoil it for you.

Customizing your armor, upgrading the Normandy, physical change depending on your Paragon/Renegade level, and a massive amount of exploration on the side! This is by far going to be one of the best games ever.

Last edited:
holy god damn

Ashley who?

I have never been so turned on by zero's and one's.

And so what if I hit 'print screen' at a certain point?

Last edited:
holy mother of all that is good and pure, i have never wanted this game to get released more than ever now.
i was going to try and remain committed to Ashley at least once through the game... but after that, DAMN!
i need this game in my life right now!

also on a more technical note, the level of 'detail' is amazing it looks almost real.

Last edited:
Are you serious? I don't think it's any longer than ME. Even if you chase down every single side quest, it's still only 60, maybe 70 hours.

Of course, I suppose you could complete the main ME storyline in only about 20 hours or so. But what's the fun in that?

Checked my ME save file, says just a bit over 30 hours, albeit that's only one playthrough up to level 45, and I don't believe I was being meticulous in completing every sidequest either (only because almost all of them were the same land, shoot, loot formula).

That's compared with the 65 hours my DA:O save file says, something I haven't seen outside of my Fallout3 save games. So yes, DA:O is becoming longer than ME for me. Also it could be due to the emerging mod community that DA:O has, compared with no mods for ME even though it screamed for it.

Well I just bit the hype bullet and pre-ordered the game on Steam, it's sitting nice and pretty just waiting to be preloaded...funny, I'm usually very disciplined about waiting for reviews, but something about this just forced me over the edge.

Last edited:
I finished almost everything in the game and I'm looking forward to another lesbian sex scene. It better show more this time! :p

I LOVED ME 1!!

will get ME2 but first i must complete Fallout 3

i know im late to the party with fall out but apart from playing my bro's copy that he got when it came out i havent actually played through the game properly. used to just go directly to neg karma from the start... wiped out most of Megaton with a crummy pistol and a bat. but its no where near as rewarding than if you do things right and actually take some time to learn what everything does.

to add to that, while my bro bought the game for ?40 odd and then spent the ?9 odd for each expansion...i just picked up the GOTY edition and got the whole shooting match for ?20!

after watching the new launch trailer i have a massive raging erection

holy everliving motherfucking shit.

The new launch trailer has to be the most amazing videogametrailer I've ever seen!

Holy crap that was intense!

The new launch trailer has to be the most amazing videogametrailer I've ever seen!

QFT!

Anyway: Its out for 360, but my new one isn't modded yet.
I never played ME1, how much action is in it? Its an rpg-shooter, right? I might give it a try...

Quite a lot of action. But play ME1 first, so you'll continue the story. It's worth it. I have to wait another 8 days. :'(