Mass Effect 2

I'm a fan as long as they keep feeding me free content!

grabbing mine in a bit, really tempted to get that costume pack for Jack, Thane and Garrus as well.

I'm a bit disappointed with it. I'm glad the missions were free.

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking as well after finishing the last mission yesterday.

I was hoping for it to be like the Mako in ME1, only, you know... better. But it feels more like a Jump'n'Run.

Also, after replaying ME1 last week, I think one of my biggest gripes with ME2 are the sidequests. There just aren't enough of them, and they don't really seem to have much of a connection to the rest of the game. Sure, the planetary exploration in ME1 was tedious, and the sidequests were repetitive. But at least each one had a neat little plot, which sometimes even span multiple missions (like the Admiral Kahoku -> missing Marines -> Cerberus subplot).
The prime contrasting example to that in ME2 is the mission where you land on some planetary platform and have to turn a shield generator back on... and that's it :blink: It just feels completely irrelevant to the rest of the game.

And even if the item system in ME1 was again a bit tedious (a dozen versions of each gun with 10 levels each, tons of upgrades etc.), I still regret how much it's been toned down in ME2. :|

(like the Admiral Kahoku -> missing Marines -> Cerberus subplot).

actually what i really liked about that side-mission is that if you had played just the core game of Mass Effect 1 you probably would never have heard about Cerberus until you picked up Mass Effect 2. When i played ME2 and found out i was working for Cerberus it was a case "oh those guys, they killed Kahoku" which immediately put me at odds with them as a organization. all because of a little side mission in ME1. i really would have liked something like that in ME2. A side mission that furthers the overall universe.

Also after seeing the recent expansion pack for Dragon Age Origins, i'm really hoping that Bioware does something similar and release a pack for ME2 that progresses the overall storyline just that little bit further.

[video=youtube;zeSLP0-Die0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeSLP0-Die0[/video]

:|

I wonder if anyone has applied rule 34 on Elcors before.

There was a news report the other day about the Large Hadron Collider. One of the things they are hoping to make with it is some Dark Matter and given how much of the technology in Mass Effect revolves around Dark Matter and its energies i couldn't help but smile and hope that for once, Mass Effect could lead some technological innovation much like how Star Trek did through the 20th Century.

There was a news report the other day about the Large Hadron Collider. One of the things they are hoping to make with it is some Dark Matter and given how much of the technology in Mass Effect revolves around Dark Matter and its energies i couldn't help but smile and hope that for once, Mass Effect could lead some technological innovation much like how Star Trek did through the 20th Century.

Yes, but you have to remember most of the tech and interaction with the galactic community you see in ME was because in the storyline humanity discovered a large alien tech cache on Mars.

Although, given recent events, who knows when that's bound to happen.

Yes, but you have to remember most of the tech and interaction with the galactic community you see in ME was because in the storyline humanity discovered a large alien tech cache on Mars.

Although, given recent events, who knows when that's bound to happen.

very true, nothing wound me up more than when that was announced. ever since the Apollo Mission it has felt that any progress we've been making has been getting gradually slower and now its gone and shifted into reverse.

So the new Kasumi DLC hit yesterday. 560 points for a good hour mission. a new gun and some new reasearch.

IMO this DLC is worth the price. Kasumi is a very powerful and useful character and her loyalty mission is extremely well done. The room that is opened up is cool as well, there is a bar where Shep can mix drinks and get drunk. Kasumi's unique move, Shadow kill or whatever its called is awesome and Strong. she cloaks, warps behind a baddie and basically shanks him and then warps back.

just as a heads up, the final issue of the Mass Effect: Redemption comic book should be going on sale now. I'm really hoping there's another book in the works since this has been a great way to expand and continue the Mass Effect universe and story. I'd really like to see something of a story set during the time of the Protheans and their extermination by the reapers or the story of the Quarians leaving their home to the Geth. Still so much untapped story potential going around.

I recently "read" (listened to the audiobooks) the first and second novels they released about the Mass Effect "universe" (lawl). The third one is supposed to be out in July. I really enjoyed these books. It was awesome to see some of the history around the story and see how it all ties in to the game, as well as experience more of the world. It made the game feel even more immersive.