Mass Effect 2

I tried playing ME1 the other day because I never finished my Insanity playthrough. Wow, I forgot what it was really like. I still don't like the Mako, the cover system doesn't work, brutal framerate, nonsensical loot, and I forgot about the halfassed animations in some places. ME2 is sooooo much better, wow.

despite all its faults i still think the first is among the best games ever made. its certainly holds my top spot. mostly because of the storyline and replay ability. The Mako was bad and they used a lot of the same maps and character models but ME1 had a bigger immersive feel to it that allowed it to suck me in far more faster than most games.
certainly looking forward to 'arrival' after completing Dragon Age 2 its very likely i'll end up doing another playthrough of ME 1 & 2.

Oh my god insanity is absolutely kicking my ass. I'm just starting the suicide mission and I elected to go with Miranda and Legion. Crowd control is my main issue with the collectors. All the powerful guys just rush you - scions, praetorians, and harbingers just try to kick you in the face. I can use Legion's drone and Miranda's slam to keep things off my back while I devastate some bitches with the Revenant. I love that gun. Once I got that it got much easier but I'm still dying a fair bit, mostly because Miranda is a wimp and Legion isn't making very smart survival decisions. I would go with Grunt instead of Legion but he's useless when collectors are involved. He's too big of a target for particle beams and scion mortars. He usually goes down pretty fast.

Oh well. Another two or so hours of play and I should have the final release achievement in the bag for 1015G, unless giant Terminator turns out to be too much for me. I'm probably gonna have to restart that fight like 30 times. I still don't know if I'm going to buy the DLC. ME2 is my favoritest game ever, but I'm still thinking thrice about buying DLC. Shows how against it I am huh? BUT THE CHEEVOS!

Oh well. Another two or so hours of play and I should have the final release achievement in the bag for 1015G, unless giant Terminator turns out to be too much for me. I'm probably gonna have to restart that fight like 30 times.

IIRC the final fight was by far the easiest part of my Insanity playthrough.

Oh, well that's encouraging.

It's funny how the game gets easier as you go along and get better gear/abilities.

ME2 is my favoritest game ever, but I'm still thinking thrice about buying DLC.

Do it. Dooo eeeeet. The DLC missions are like the best in the game. Unusual for DLC, but that's how I feel about them (and I never got any DLC for Dragon Age Origins because it was all supposed to be epic meh and reused areas, and DA:O is my favourite bioware game even). All the DLC missions are in new areas which are cooler than anywhere else. Kasumi and Overlord are a bit overpriced, IMO they'd be better at 400 points / $5, but Lair of the Shadow broker is definitely worth the price of admission and The Arrival should be as well.

Shadow broker was amazing. really looking foward to Arrival

after playing the Kasumi DLC, she's my new favorite ME character. Her mission was pretty lame but still worth it. I thought the Overload dlc had the best dlc mission though.

Dammit you guys are making me want to pick up Mass Effect again, I never got the second game because I never got very far into the first (which I only have because it was $10 on Steam).

Fuck. im starting to get pumped for ME3 in a serious way.

to this day i have never been more excited for a game than ME2 but i have a feeling that will change the closer we get to the fall

But the coming of mass effect 3 is a bitter sweet one. If another mass effect game is made, I want to remain as shepard. I want to remain with the normandy. This universe is too awesome to just leave it after me3.

I bet you they'll do spin-offs and/or whole new storylines. It's way too successful and they have too much money and effort behind it.

Though, coming up with a storyline after the current one is going to be tough.

I imagine there will be many spin-offs. Comics/books on the history of party members, a game set during the First Contact War, all kinds of possibilities for BioWare to continue the franchise.

I've said it before, I hope they can make it as big as Star Wars. I want to see a ton of good, quality stuff with the Mass Effect and BioWare logos on the cover.

There's tons of lore and backstory if you dig deep enough, which I love. But playing the first game, one thing has not yet been explained. Why do all of the aliens speak English? Is this ever touched upon in the canon? I suppose there must be some standard intergalactic language and maybe its translated into English for convenience, but I would expect a plot device of some sort if that were the case. They certainly delve deep enough into the history of intergalactic civilization that the question of language should have come up a long time ago.

Or maybe I just haven't gotten far enough yet. If so, please don't spoil ;)