Massa [was] in 'Life-threatening' condition

Jon

Car(s)
Ford Mondeo 2.0 Honda CBR600FS (Now wrecked!)
Last edited:
yea.. This is probably just the normal media exaggeration..

Sky news are usually fairly reliable..

Can't ignore Mr Allen though!

BBC News are reporting the same. just seen it in the last 10 minutes.
UPDATE: They're now saying thats he's in a 'Life threatening but stable' condition... whatever that is.

Last edited:
I'm more prepared to listen to a F1 journalist who has connections in the paddock and knows the situation better than anyone on the outside. There are people which are only reachable from inside the paddock.

Such a condition is not to be taken lightly..it IS a big deal..that's why I'v been worried since the accident..because head trauma doesn't knock you off your legs right away like a cut or a burn...it sneaks up behind you and screws you up badly..

God may help Felipe..

Concussions can have a major effect if not treated corectly. in some cases it can be hard to diagnose. i havnt read any of the links on this thread so all i can say is from experience. i watched and boy did that look bad, if you noticed, as soon as he was hit he was out and then came to and that is very bad. as far as after effects, Post Concussion Syndrome, something i suffer from, is also no joke as it can totally change a person.

Keep in mind also, there have been a few, if not many, case where people have been hit by a foul baseball or hockey puck during a game and feel fine only to go home and be in bad shape, or in one case that i can remember, die. so, again, i dont know the case, but, from what i know of his possible injury, he is far from in the clear.

Yes, I'd trust JA on this. The BBC, sky news, etc. are standing outside the hospital and they know nothing. James Allen has connections within Ferrari, with people who have talked to the doctors and Felipe himself. I know who I trust.

UPDATE: They're now saying thats he's in a 'Life threatening but stable' condition... whatever that is.

They're saying it's bad, but it's not getting uncontrollably worse.

I really do hope Massa recovers from this, he's one of the nicest guys on the grid. Why do life-threatening accidents always happen to the likable ones?:cry:

Hey guys... I've had such a great weekend at the circuit so far and now this... :(

The Hungarian doctor indeed said that Massa is in a "life-threatening, but stable" condition. But this can mean a lot of things - people suffering brain and skull injury are always in danger and this statement was made only few hours after the crash... I think doctors have to be cautious with an injury of this type because they cannot know how things will turn out. At least the surgery was successful - and it's normal that he's in an induced coma and on a respirator, this will help to reduce the swelling.
Apparently they will try to wake him up tomorrow.

I really, really hope that he will recover fully... but how bizarre is this, just 6 days after the Surtees accident? :(

Damn, this makes me remember Ayrton Senna. :|

What reminds me of Imola 94 is not Massa's crash, but the creepiness of the weekend, because of the Surtees thing, then the Massa incident, the lack of news, zndthen the timing screens. It has a similar feel to it, although none of the individual events are comparable.

Last edited:
In two minds as to whether to post this.. a pic just after he's been removed from the car (not pretty & possibly a little ghoulish):

755343.jpg

^ It's already been posted in several places, including here.

Anyway, the "life-threatening condition" comments are a misunderstanding, and that's what JA meant when he tweeted "ignore the news as they are now". It's actually that "the injury was life-threatening in the state it was when they brought him to hospital, but after surgery there is significant improvement in his condition".

Last edited:
What reminds me of Imola 94 is not Massa's crash, but the creepiness of the weekend, because of the Surtees thing, then the Massa incident, the lack of news, zndthen the timing screens. It has a similar feel to it, also none of the individual events are comparable.

Weirdly, I know what you mean.