• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Masters of Doom - Carmack, Romero

Ultra_Kool_Dude

AWESOME!!!111ONE
Car(s)
POWERR!!!
I just read the book Masters of Doom about John Carmack and John Romero - the guys who made Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, etc.

It's pretty interesting.

Hmmm, that would be a good read since all of my childhood memories are about the original doom. lol.

Where did you get it?

I got it at the library.

The two core guys that made the games were only like 20.

It's especially good if you like programming because it explains in easy terms how they overcame some of the technical problems.

Hmm thanks, I'm not much into programming, but I wouldn't mind reading about it. I doubt my library would have it, since they never have anything related to computers. I'll call them up and see. Thanks UKD.

They actually had trouble staying on time because Romero would spend so much time playing the games he made. He was actually one of the best Wolfenstein/Doom/Quake players in the world.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
They actually had trouble staying on time because Romero would spend so much time playing the games he made. He was actually one of the best Wolfenstein/Doom/Quake players in the world.

You have to test your own product to see if it's any good. That way he could improve it in a way nobody else could...