Matt le Blanc as co-host?

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Chris Evans just tweeted this

My new Top Gear Friends. More to come #TopGear

With a picture of Him, the Stig and Matt Le Blanc.

stig.jpg

https://twitter.com/achrisevans/status/695201570565308416

Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding for your new Top Gear host? Mr Matt LeBlanc!

Yes, the fastest-ever Star in a Reasonably Priced Car ? he famously set an as-yet unbeaten lap time of 1m 42.1s in the Kia cee?d ? will join Chris Evans when the new series premieres in May.

?As a car nut and a massive fan of Top Gear, I?m honoured and excited to be a part of this iconic show?s new chapter,? said Matt. ?What a thrill!?

Chris Evans said of his new TG presenter: ?Matt?s a lifelong fellow petrolhead and I?m thrilled he?s joining Top Gear. Acting out our craziest car notions on screen is a dream job and I know we?ll both be debating some epic road trip ideas.

?We can?t wait to share what we?ve been up to on screen later this year,? he added.

Matt of course, is no stranger to TG screens. After setting that scorching lap time, he reappeared in the following series to test the new Kia cee?d against its predecessor, drove The Stig around in a McLaren MP4-12C, and recently presented the standalone spin-off Top Gear: The Races.

We?ll have more news on additional Top Gear cast members shortly?
http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/matt-leblanc-joins-top-gear

I don't know if he'll be any good but it's got me more curious about this show then before.

I think 'Episodes' was well received and was on BBC 2... still really weird though.

Won't he always be getting stuck in second gear?

:lmao: The internet always wins.

Last edited:
How you doin' ?

"Look, America, we've got one of your own co-hosting the show. Please watch. Please." From what I've heard of Evans' ego, I'm surprised he'd allow someone better known than him (at least on this side of the pond) to join him.

Reactions: MWF
'Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc' many Americans will be confused to see the ginger twat and not the Capt.

"Look, America, we've got one of your own co-hosting the show. Please watch. Please." From what I've heard of Evans' ego, I'm surprised he'd allow someone better known than him (at least on this side of the pond) to join him.

Well, Matt LeBlanc is better known than Adam Ferrara, Tanner Foust and Rutledge Wood. I'd say that's a pretty good start. Plus you needed someone who's not afraid to look like a silly ass on TV, and Matt certainly qualifies on that score.

- - - Updated - - -

No English talent available, then?

Not impressed.

Presenting Top Gear requires a certain skill set, not the least of which is the willingness to consistently look like a silly ass on camera (also known as the William Shatner effect). Hard to find presenters willing to look stupid on a regular basis, in circumstances beyond their control; the BBC and its counterparts prefer to hire people who can generate authority as presenters, and usually they're afraid that looking like a berk would undermine that authority. Which is why Top Gear can't be cast like any other factual programming concept.

Matt could be interesting, but I'm not gonna watch because I hate that irritating cnut Evans, he ruined the whole "new" Top Gear.

Matt could be interesting, but I'm not gonna watch because I hate that irritating cnut Evans, he ruined the whole "new" Top Gear.

Considering that the "new" TGUK hasn't aired yet, isn't this judgment just a bit premature?

We already know that TGUK's format doesn't automatically translate with other presenters; you only have to look at TGAUS and TGUS for proof. TGUS partially resolved this by dropping the live segments and focusing on the challenges and stunt segments; CE's version is going to have a go at a different variation.

Considering that the "new" TGUK hasn't aired yet, isn't this judgment just a bit premature?

We already know that TGUK's format doesn't automatically translate with other presenters; you only have to look at TGAUS and TGUS for proof. TGUS partially resolved this by dropping the live segments and focusing on the challenges and stunt segments; CE's version is going to have a go at a different variation.

Nope.
The new format might be good, I'm not saying anything about that, but I wont watch because of Evans, I hate that dude so much.

Well, Matt LeBlanc is better known than Adam Ferrara, Tanner Foust and Rutledge Wood. I'd say that's a pretty good start. Plus you needed someone who's not afraid to look like a silly ass on TV, and Matt certainly qualifies on that score.
The fact that he's better known makes the viewers have certain expectations and it's an instant fuck up when/if things won't go as they expected.
It won't do anything other than sell the show to investors, based on the shittest clich? ever.

In order to be silly on TV he has to act, because in every single interview I watched of him he's always awkward and border-line boring with no personality.
If he's on board with acting the whole time then good for him and I will have a massive respect for the guy as an actor.

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter....

Meanwhile at Dunsfold
Matt: Dammit!
Chris: Stalled again?
Matt: Yeah.
Chris: It's like.....
Matt: Don't go there...
Chris: It's like you're always stuck in second gear!

There's no What if and there's no question about that in my mind.
Top Gear France is awesome.

Last edited: