Matt2000's Ill-Fated Foray Into The World Of Vector Art (WIP Stuff)

Add the series number before the word "Series" perhaps?

If I did that I'd get angry BMW fans after me. :D

I thought about going for 'Series III' but I thought that going for generic 'Series' might appeal to more classic LR fans. If I'm getting technical the correct model should be 'Land Rover 88', Series III is shown on the VIN plate as a sub-model alongside the fuel type. I can tweak it at any time so I'll see. :)

I forgot to post that one, I was struggling to decide on the layout so I just did it, uploaded it and ignored it. :lol: The tow truck is a heavily modified SIIB Forward Control Land Rover, Nicknamed Buttercup. As it happens this photo is actually from the Young Guns Forum that I have still failed to join. I'm happy with the likeness and very happy with the Series 1, I'm just a little concerned about how the fine detail will show up on the printed shirt.

pics_039.jpg

The plan is to have a similar design with different unreliable classics like Rovers, Fords, MGs, etc. There won't be an Anglia one though because they're just too reliable, right? :p

Some time later and the design is complete. Here's a teaser from Redbubble, I won't be posting the full image on here.

AngliaPreviewSolid.JPG

It was bloody hard work to use the original image, doing the underside was especially difficult because I had to work out what should be there and construct it from scratch using the rubbish selection of photos available online. I wish people didn't upgrade the suspension on Anglias so much, then maybe I could get a good photo of an original. :lol:

Um, you could have just asked Andeh for a pic?

I used some of his pics for reference but this was the specific one he gave me the challenge of recreating:

scan0021_S.jpg

I dropped the extra lights and plates, maybe I'll go back and add those at a later date. Was there a famous Anglia rally car?

Looks spot on really, I could be really anal and say the swaybar is less angled and more of a fluid, curved piece.

In terms of behind the swaybar, the sump is obviously less of a square box, but this is a vector, some detail must be lost!

Lovely work, I'll be ordering one. :D

EDIT: No real rally success for the Anglia, Ford didn't bother until the Lotus Cortina. :(

Edit edit: Oh, and spotlamps are cool! Along with the mesh headlamp guards. ;)

Last edited:
Looks spot on really, I could be really anal and say the swaybar is less angled and more of a fluid, curved piece.

In terms of behind the swaybar, the sump is obviously less of a square box, but this is a vector, some detail must be lost!

Lovely work, I'll be ordering one. :D

EDIT: No real rally success for the Anglia, Ford didn't bother until the Lotus Cortina. :(

Edit edit: Oh, and spotlamps are cool! Along with the mesh headlamp guards. ;)

I know what you mean, I need to bring the it down slightly and shorten the centre 'straight' part. That's an easy fix. I'll also tweak the sump to round off the edges some more, I got there through guesswork and this image. :)

I'll be making multiple versions of this because I know not everyone will want the same thing and it doesn't cost any more. They will be:

Solid colour, pastel green and blue versions
AngliaPreviewSolid.JPG

Transparent, whatever colour the shirt is (dark colours disabled because they'll look crap)
AngliaPreviewTrans.JPG

Semi-transparent, makes the car a pastel version of whatever colour the shirt is. Both reds become pink so I'll disable one. Most colours look good, the dark green becomes an almost exact copy of the solid green.
AngliaPreviewSemiTrans.JPG

I'll also be adding text before making it available, I just need to find a font that's free and looks close to the Anglia font.

Absolutely cracking seeing it in some other colours! If you do some variations, I'll no doubt pick up more than one.

The mounts the swaybar attaches too, I see you've got one in colour, and one is shadow. I'm not sure if the coloured one wouldn't stand out too much in the shirt. It's incorrect, as they should be painted, but perhaps making them both black would be more aesthetically pleasing?

The mounts the swaybar attaches too, I see you've got one in colour, and one is shadow. I'm not sure if the coloured one wouldn't stand out too much in the shirt. It's incorrect, as they should be painted, but perhaps making them both black would be more aesthetically pleasing?

You know I must've re-done that 5 or 6 times. I saw that the inside of the mounts on the photo I posted were painted so I went with that idea but I agree it would fit in better if it was grey. :)

Wow, that's fantastic! :D

Thanks! I have plans for a Dolomite to feature in one of my future shirts, but I couldn't tell you which one or I'd have to kill you. :|

Right, so I've been toying with the text. I think it's a bit plain without any text so I wanted 'Anglia' below the car. I couldn't find the joined-up font from the boot lid so made my own interpretation of the front badge, what do you think? This goes below the car.

redbubble-tee-template.jpg

fc,550x550,baby_blue.u1.jpg

It certainly works for me, it's quite clear what it is! Liking the new swaybar too. ;)

To be honest though, I'd probably order it without text, but I'm odd like that. If you need the text on the shirt, you're not enough of a car geek to gain my interest... Haha

Sweet, I'll get them all online tomorrow. I hope RB doesn't mind me having 8 variations of the same design, maybe that's something they should look in to combining. True what you say about the text but I feel like it might need it to have more general appeal. :)

:lol:

Yes I've been slacking today. All designs are now up, you can find them all in this collection! :D

Started on something new today, can you guess what it is yet?

MysteryObject.JPG

Dolomite.

:lol:

Of course! This one is strictly for the 'breakdown' designs. :D

Made some more progress tonight:

Lollermite.JPG