Matt2k's ?500 Banger Watch Graveyard

It needs to survive for like two weeks, who cares! :p

Well, it'd be nice if the car actually suvived those 2 weeks though, no? :p those years of fords, especially the Ka, but the puma's got some too, they litter junkyards due to rust literally disintegrating the car.

The Puma looks cool on the outside but I'm not a fan of the interiors in late '90s/early '00s Fords. Plus it'll have to be pretty special for me to take on visible rust. :D

That Saab looks interesting, and the key is even in the right place! Says spares or repair but with no explanation. I love the beer bottle on the road next to the Golf, I wonder if it will still have wheels by the time someone looks at it. :lol:

A bit over budget, but I saw this posted on ebay for 750gbp

I've always admired Tobias' GTV and this even had 'NE' on the plate like his does! :D

That Saab looks interesting, and the key is even in the right place! Says spares or repair but with no explanation. I love the beer bottle on the road next to the Golf, I wonder if it will still have wheels by the time someone looks at it. :lol:

I missed the bottle :lol:

The GTi from when that meant trim level not performance. 115hp of mayhem!

Well that's shite, I forgot about that.

Well, now you have no choice. It has been decided.

That Rover 75 looks ideal and close enough for you to take a look.

Also have you considered looking at left-hookers? You might get more bang for your buck that way although those foreign charity rallies seem to suck quite a few out of the market these days.

Also have you considered looking at left-hookers? You might get more bang for your buck that way although those foreign charity rallies seem to suck quite a few out of the market these days.

Insurance is a bastard for LHD, probably double.

Damn there really is so much choice. I'm not actually going to look at buying anything yet, I don't have the money for starters and I'm not buying until we have confirmed that the UK roadtrip is going ahead. Let's be honest, most of this junk will probably fail its next MOT in a spectacular way so I want it to run on past August next year.

The Rover looks tidy but I just couldn't bring myself to buy a 75 when there's more interesting crap out there. That 320d looks tidy as does the E38, the Disco needs to be scrapped on the other hand. :lol:

LS400 has always been a genuine contender, the silver one looks as rough as and I don't know what's going on with the fart-pipe one, I'd love to know if they work and what they were smoking. I bet it sounds OK though.

Close the fucking thread, we have a winner.

480 Turbo.

20150907_101617_zpsv9h3dc7n.jpg

?500 with 1 years MOT... slight electrical issues, no service history, gammy rear arches.

Nissan QX V6

Close the fucking thread, we have a winner.

480 Turbo.

20150907_101617_zpsv9h3dc7n.jpg

?500 with 1 years MOT... slight electrical issues, no service history, gammy rear arches.
]

a FWD Renault powered DAF designed by Bertone, and somehow got a Volvo badge, it's a monstrosity of a car :p

The 480ES is wonderful and I'd pick one over a lot of cars.

Aaanywayyy:

LrNMbkg.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508286425031

This is very close to the perfect roadtrip car for me. Seems to be in alright condition on the fronts that count, as the front wings are decent enough as well as the bonnet and the trunklid. It has the narrow plate plinth if I'd like to swap that over, it wears light-looking wheels and so on. Of course it's automatic, but that just makes it easier for me to get settled with RHD traffic, and it's less difficult for me to scrap it when everything useable has been removed. And it's not even that far from the 500 quid price limit.

I agree with public on the 480ES. It may not be a great car but it is still cool.

Damn, no super-cheap Citroen XMs. Probably a good thing.