Max Mosley's "world engine"

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
Last edited:
2013, eh? Well if predictions are right the world will end in 2012, so we won't have to live to see this. :|

Hmm... it may work out fine TECHNICALLY, not IDEALLY though.

Using WRC's rules of 2 litres, and IIRC 4 cylinders,

For F1, TWIN TURBO THAT SHIT to 100000bar,
WRC, 2L 4cyl turbo up to 400BHP,
and F2... hmm.... Single turbo or NA, whatever bar, output preferably at say, 480 - 520 BHP ?

Different ways of approaching that same engine.
IF, thats the way he proposes.

If you're telling me 1litre 3cyl NA for all, then FUCK YOU Max.

The concept of a set of homologated engine parts which are mandated to varying degrees for different Formlae isn't such a mad idea as it would keep costs down. There are already loads of parts like that which are F1 specific.

A stupid idea however would be one engine for everything.

Still, here's betting if it does happen that Cosworth gets the contract.

On the surface, this idea sounds really nuts and completely unfesable. I'll reserve judgement until I hear it confirmed with details.

And as EsPpY said, slap a million bars of boost on that sucker for F1 use if this will be put into implementation.

So we'll get back to the days when turbo F1 cars exploded after 2 laps :p

Wow. Good work Mosley. So if Subaru wanted to join back in with a modified version of their boxer 4 (you know the engine they use in their street cars) they would be denied. Stop trying to turn everything into NASCAR.

Fair enough for using the same engines in F1 and a detuned version in F2, but bringing WRC into that equation makes no sense whatsoever. They are just so different diciplines and the demands for the engines differ so much there is no point. If you want to combine WRC engine rules with something touring cars is the way to go.

Fair enough for using the same engines in F1 and a detuned version in F2, but bringing WRC into that equation makes no sense whatsoever. They are just so different diciplines and the demands for the engines differ so much there is no point. If you want to combine WRC engine rules with something touring cars is the way to go.
Thats partially the reason why I just took the displacement and the cylinder count in.

If you go into the finer details it'll be just dumb. Totally for the world engine.

F1 with standard engine is just Indycar, the europe edition.
We already have A1 for that and noone ever heard of that one.

Or Ferraris, or Hondas, or anything. :p No turbo era engine escaped catastrophic failure.

Could make a great spectacle. Remember Jenson Button's Honda blowing up just before the end of the Melbourne Grand Prix a few years ago?