Max Payne 3

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
...is a very good game.

I am a big fan of the first two games and I was a bit worried if they had ruined it with all the new developers and all. But this game is very well done. I just played the first Part of the game in one sitting and found it very hard to stop ("i'll just see what is in the next room").

Shooting is fun, guns seem powerful, the game rewards accurate head shots. The environment is interactive. The narrative style is different, but I like it. The story is a nice continuation to the story from previous games. The game has a nice challenge too, there is a constant lack of ammo and painkillers (unlike the first game where you always seem to have full everything). The new weapon system adds it's own challenge because you can only carry 2 1-handed weapons and one 2-handed weapon, but at least it has a realism reason and it's not an arbitrary limitation like in most other games.

The only gripes I have are the cover system, which seems a bit unnecessary. I mean some situations you need it, but it's a bit clunky and even though every other FPS has it these days it wasn't really necessary to have it. And some cut scenes also throw you directly at front of the enemies with no cover, which can be a bit annoying if you are low on health.

Last edited:
I'm playing it right now and it's pissing me off a bit. From the get go the amount of video clips in the game is just ridiculous. 10 min clip, play 2 min, 5 min clip, play 2 min, 3 min clip, play 30 sec. clip clip clip bahhhhhh. I WANNA PLAY :/

just completed the story.. and my gooood! easily the best game for a looooooong while for me.... yes there is a lot of cutscenes, but i dont mind since they are awesome! you get more playtime further towards the end. i havent been so hooked into a story in a game before.. gameplay feeling feels very much like the the old games but better, so its feels great! AI is the best ive seen, they DO really seem smart, flanking you and shiit. all i could wish for is that the game was longer... felt really short :p

Last edited:
^Totally agreed, and I think the way the transitional cutscenes do away with loading screens is superbly done. Game devs do love the word 'immersive' but that's truly what it is.

It's a very different kind of story for Max, but a very good one, and the gameplay really is top-notch, with bullet time never getting tiresome.

Works in eyefinity! Love it.

Saving the rest of the game for a time when I'm not so obsessed with DayZ.

By the way, Amazon has it on sale for $29.99

played it, loved it.

I loved how the first level after he quits drinking is just a sequence of Epic Fails.

I'm playing it right now and it's pissing me off a bit. From the get go the amount of video clips in the game is just ridiculous. 10 min clip, play 2 min, 5 min clip, play 2 min, 3 min clip, play 30 sec. clip clip clip bahhhhhh. I WANNA PLAY :/

This is my main complaint as well. Started playing it for the first time last night (picked it up cheap off Steam). Didn't play the first or second one.

Gameplay is fun but fuck, too many damn scripted cutscenes. Let me play! :)

Sorry to necro the thread but just started playing this. And it looks awesome, even though it makes me kinda sad to see how Max is basically addicted to pain medicine and alcohol. I'm only 3 hours into it, but I love the cutscenes, they make me feel like I'm watching a movie and I guess that was R*'s intention.

nwRdf.jpg

AojUp.jpg

:lol:

Finished the story in about 7 hours (Medium difficulty). Not bad. The game was actually pretty enjoyable most of the time, except for one big annoyance I had. Often, there would be a cutscene, shit happens, Max ducks behind cover, and for some reason the game decides that I want to use a pistol instead my more powerful weapons. Sure I just need to scroll and switch to my weapon of choice, but it became annoying because it happened all the time.