Date: May 26th
Track: Aston Grand Prix
Cars: XFR/UFR
Qualification: 15 minutes
2 Races x 10 Laps
Time: 18:00 GMT
Server: [FG] Racing
Password: fg

As the poster says, the heat is on... ;)

Long track, cars will fry tires, you better be prepared. Good luck! :)

I might come to this race... semester has finally ended, exams are coming but my *#&$ programming assignments which take over 30 hours are done as of today.

Anyone willing to share a setup? for XFR preferably.

I got a nice setup that i gonna use from AS3. It might be a bit tail happy, but the tires temperatures are holding well, not sure about the amount of rubber I only did 2 laps with it.:p

Its funny to see how the tire temperatures are changing through out the whole lap. Temperature rises very quickly when going into the twisty chicane bit, but the temperatures drop by 5 or 8 degrees when you reached the end of the long straight. :)

Decent weekend for me.
In the 1st race, I had a great start and a nice battle with pdanev in the first 3 laps.
After that Burnsy had my number. I made a few small mistakes (I just couldn't get the last chicane right at times) and he was very consistent.

In the 2nd race I was having another good start until I ran wide just before the 1st chicane. Burnsy and me had another good battle, which he won in the pits.

Stats: (My usual site seems to be down.)
http://download.yousendit.com/D202BCB81DE7D180

with a lap-time around 3 minutes you had 2 or 3 possibilities to have a fast lap. I managed to get right in 1 lap, and got pole :)
1st race. I made a stupid mistake in overtaking espn. In earlier practice runs i tried to overtake Espn at exact the same position. which failed, so i knew that it was not really possible to overtake. But stupid me... i tried nonetheless. and spun. :mad:
Greame spun in front of me and nearly crashed into him. After watching the replay i was not leaving enough room for geeman. So we crashed into each other and hit the wall :( sorry.
2nd race didn't go well either
in the 2nd sector i went through the sand because i couldn't make the turn. I came next to Espn when i came out of the sand. And we both slided but my tires where still dirty from the sand, and couldn't make the turn. I crashed into the wall. surprisingly the car didn't had any major damage. So I tried to push as hard as i can to get the fastest lap, and keep the gap to Pdanev as close as possible.

I run out of luck i guess :p Next race is RAC --> oversteer/understeer :) that will be a hard race :)

Good weekend I'd say.

In qualify I had a bad timing with my tele-pit. I was 10s short or so of having another lap, didn't manage to get anywhere near my pb.

1st race was awesome! Great fight with ESPN! I was really surprised how good this combo turned out to be. Wide and fast track, yet still a lot of close racing. I guess its because of the slick tires yet no wings/downforce on these cars. You get plenty of grip from the tires but don't have to rely on downforce, and you don't loose the car mid corner if someone is in front of you. I was very pleased with the 1st race, the setup was amazing too, no tire issues whatsoever.

2nd race was a bit boring, a lot of collisions in the leading traffic meant that I found myself in the lead in no time. Firefox was chasing me really closely, but unfortunately at a point he disappeared from my mirrors all of a sudden. I think it would have been a good battle, because looking at the replay his set was better than the one I used in some sectors and vice versa. Pit stop went smooth, tried to push the last 2-3laps to maybe beat ff's time. Last lap I got it really good together, but then I lost it in a place where I never made a mistake before... rear wheel touched the grass and I got very sideways, which screwed my lap. Well, at least I finished 1st again, which means that in the overall standings I'm back in the game again. :)

Considering I didn't have any practice at all, I'd say a pretty damn good weekend. I guess the setup contributed a lot to it, you could still push the car every lap and the tires were simply sticking to the ground no matter what. Great fight in the 1st race, and nice fights in the practice races as well!

edit: wow, just looked at overall points and its a tie for 1st place. With two races to go this should be interesting. Shame I have 3 exams coming up as well, which is certainly not going to help...

Last edited:
First race wasn't very exciting. At first I wasn't very far from the lead pack, but they kept slowly getting away. Then FF came in and rammed me off the track :glare:

Second race wasn't much better either. Had some fights at the beginning, but everyone got passt too easy. Then I was mainly driving by myself, until the last two laps. when FF catched me. I tried everything to keep him behind, but it was no use.
On a side note I maxed out the UFR nicely on the last laps start straight drafting FF. 236km/h according to the stats and it's speedo ends at 240 :)

I didn't practice much for this one. Looking back I see that I really should have. I only did a couple of laps early in the week and I already got down to 3:04s. With a bit more practice I should have gone down to 3:03s easy and I could have had much better fights.

PS. Looking forward to RAC. 8)

I looked at the replays again, focusing on the crashes. :)

1st race: ff vs geeman - I don't think firefox rammed you, you guys barely collided yet both of you immediately spun, I think might have been more of a lag issue. Geeman, you were on his right side, both of you left hand drive, so clearly his visibility is a bit limited on that side, that's why the small touch. Under normal circumstances I think it wouldn't be any problem at all, but I guess things could have been a bit laggy around that time.

2nd race: ff vs espn. Race accident imo, ff went in too tight, even got a small bump from behind from burnsy, picked up some sand and had a collision with espn, who was driving the normal line and obviously couldn't see or predict that firefox might loose it there a bit.

Definently no hard feelings on my part. Things happen, life goes on. Anyway after looking at the replay it's clear that it was somekind of lag/collision detection thing. In real life it would have been only a slight nudge.

sorry i couldn't make it this week :( and it sounds like it was a great race too. well, i'll be around for next week AFAIK, but it's exam season for me so maybe not