May 31st, 2004

Nah, its the VX for me every time, if I wasn't so large I'd be in a VXT now instead of a 147GTA :roll:

killroy said:
I can?t download the new one, the old ones works but not the new.

I use ABC, man when i press the download button, the file don?t show in the program.

Enyone else that got this problem?
Nope. Try right-click and save target as.

sandys said:
Nah, its the VX for me every time, if I wasn't so large I'd be in a VXT now instead of a 147GTA :roll:

hey the 147 look a heck of a lot better! and the engine sounds better too!

though im not a Lotus fan....but the elise still does better...than...whats the use of making a VX?

The difference is so insignificant I wouldn't even call this a victory for the Elise...

My choice is already made anyway. Why pay more?

GM should be thanked for the VX220 anyway, without it Lotus wouldn't have even made an S2.

Renesis said:
GM doesn't deserve praise for the VX, Lotus does

GM *does* deserve praise. No VX, no money. No money, no Elise S2 - nor S3 for that matter! The VX has saved Lotus from bankrupcy.

Renesis said:

Well, what? Those are facts, I didn't make that up, you know... Ever wondered why, for example, the ABS in the S3 is, well, the same as used in the VX (TRW - only diff is Lotus reprogrammed it for its tastes)? Ever wondered why, as another example, the front tyres of the S2 had gone 175 instead of 195?

Renesis said:
The Elise still rapes the VK to death :twisted:

From my track experience, well, this is just... untrue :mrgreen:

What makes the difference between these cars is what's behind the bucket and the wheel, nothing else :wink:

You don't need ABS in an Elise! and why go with skinnier tires up front? to have more UNDERSTEER! why!?!?

and the VX is ugly so yeah. It loses

well you need ABS in any car....the difference is soooooooooooooo big when you have to brake and corner at the same time to avoid someone or something...without the ABS you cannot corner you just go straight..so even in an elise you need ABS..

Renesis said:
You don't need ABS in an Elise!

Typical reaction of someone who, well, just doesn't understand that ABS nowadays just brakes better than the human foot in 99.999999...% of cases. You know what? The S3 is the best braking Elise of all times. So do the Lotus test drivers say. And it has ABS. Fact.

Renesis said:
and why go with skinnier tires up front? to have more UNDERSTEER! why!?!?

Maybe because it's much better to have a car that you can actually control when it starts to edge out of the lane, unlike the S1... Or maybe also because why have thick tires when merely 36% of the weight is on the front? You know, if Lotus has taken this setup for the S2 and S3, maybe it's because they reckon it's just better...

And you know what? If you have understeer in this car it just means that you enter the corner too fast. Loose the right pedal, it gets back in line. Other than that, you'd be hard pressed to provoke any understeer at all.

Renesis said:
and the VX is ugly so yeah. It loses

That's a matter of tastes. I personally prefer the design of the VX, so there.

kteO1 said:
well you need ABS in any car....the difference is soooooooooooooo big when you have to brake and corner at the same time to avoid someone or something...without the ABS you cannot corner you just go straight..so even in an elise you need ABS..

as a daily driver yes but for a track day car you don't need ABS