Mazda Announces New Sports Coupe, to be Unveiled at Tokyo... (Rotary?)

Yup, just came here to post this myself.

This is awesome. Go Mazda. I want this car to succeed.

Yup, same here.

I am trying to be reasonable and not go full on :woot: mode, but this makes it harder. :p

I picked a fine time for a real job. :mrgreen:

Kogai added ?the targets are strict, rotary engines have lots of issues, and we need to solve each of them,? but alluded to the possibility of production within a few years.

Like a complete lack of tork-weh?

Atta boy!

I'm also guessing it will start in the mid-high 30s. Can't have it competing with their own existing 27k 2 seat sports car.

Last edited:
Well then I will need two, kids can drive their own damn car :p

I would do things differently:

"Kid. Wife. Flip a coin. Whoever loses takes the bus." :p :lol:

Atta boy!

I'm also guessing it will start in the mid-high 30s. Can't have it competing with their own existing 27k 2 seat sports car.

Why not? Its a different segment. Plus then if a customer doesn't like the ND, the salesman can say "why don't you look at this other car in our showroom instead of going to the competitors"

I would do things differently:

"Kid. Wife. Flip a coin. Whoever loses takes the bus." :p :lol:

In my case I'm gonna need a 3 sided coin in 3 months lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Atta boy!

I'm thinking it has to stay in same bracket as pony cars, being almost as much a GT stang didn't work out so well for the 370z.

omfg it's gorgeous....

My biggest fear was that it was going to be an electric car with a rotary engine range extender. 8,000rpm redline on the tach alleviates that concern handily.