Concept: Mazda Hazumi Concept

McRae

If Mazda stick closer to this concept than they did with the Takeri-->6, then consider me a fan. Interior looks fantastic.

Hopefully the new 2 can liven up the disastrously boring Polo-class.

mjk

Proof that Mazda has more of a sense of style than the other Japanese carmakers. This is a gorgeous little car and I hope it gets built.

Rex Luther

Car(s)
Honda Jaaaaaazz, 89 M-B 300 CE
Interior will get toned down a little, the mirrors shall grow and the wheels will shrink. Apart from that, I'd say its safe to say the new 2 is a looker.

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Good. Now at least all those unimaginative sheep who buy Mazda2s will actually be driving something decent and I won't have to look at their smiley faced tin foil boxes taking 20 goes to reverse park or getting scared when trying to merge and coming to a complete stop.

I can't stand the look of the current 2 or its interior. It's such a cheap and dire place to be, I have no idea how that car got so popular in Australia. Sure it's not bad to drive but 90% of the buyers wouldn't know good handling if they found it in their handbag. A Fiesta is good to drive too and isn't a complete penalty box, yet everyone goes straight to a Mazda dealer without even looking at another car.

Last edited:

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Might be replacing my 2 with this. Hope the production version looks similar.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
So here is the new Mazda 2 in production form. Apart from the pictures no real news on pricing or spec.

Pretty!

Last edited:

GaryC

Car(s)
'90 Miata, '12 Octavia RS
It looks good in these photos, just like the new Mazda3. But when I see it on the streets, the proportions just seem a bit ... off. The Mazda6, on the other hand, I like a lot.

Rex Luther

Car(s)
Honda Jaaaaaazz, 89 M-B 300 CE
You asked about spec.
Spec has been available for a while now.
Not sure if I misinterpreted what you were asking, internet context and all. :)

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
No no you interpreted fine, it's just the places where I stole the pictures from (the moose-people and AE) had no idea about what spec this strange japanese car had so I guessed Mazda hadnt released any info. Then you come along and I try to deflect my laziness with a bad strawman joke ;)