Mazda reveals 2009 Mazda6 for North America

Seems as though cars are getting uglier these days. I think in balance, I would choose the Mazda over any of the cars above.
I'd choose anything over that horrible Sebring...a bad car with seats that give you back pain...no thank you.

That said I do love driving the current Mazda 6. I do like the Euro version of the 2009 more than the US version especially the rear...since the US version is following the big butt trend while the Euro version flows much smoother and doesn't stick out likely why some people are calling the US version fat.

My mother bought the Accord late last year, it's just a good car, but it's very dull. You feel quite anonymous when you drive it. And the electric power steering is crap, yes, it turns in quicker but it's completely isolated from the road.
Try a 2009 Toyota Corolla...I couldn't believe Toyota made the Corolla even more dull to drive. Pinky steering...thats all I need to say about its electric power steering.

Let me guess. Toyota didn't even bother linking the electric power steering assist to the vehicle speed sensors, did they?

I'm only guessing now, but customers probably complained that they couldn't eat breakfast, shave, or text whenever they were doing, so now the manufacturers have to make the steering as lifeless as a marshmallow so that people can multi task within the car.

I like the styling of the new Malibu, though. Very bold

The new Malibu is a good looker (except for those taillights, woof), but the Saturn Aura seems to be the best looker in the bread and butter sedan category. Maybe I'm biased but I think the new Mazda 6, while having better materials and engines etc; has lost the standing out from the crowd edginess that made the old one such a masterpiece (and can you picture the '09 model in yellow?).

isnt this just a mondeo with a pretty shell and mazda bits all over it?

Let me guess. Toyota didn't even bother linking the electric power steering assist to the vehicle speed sensors, did they?

They did, at least on the Euro version. It definitely feels heavier the faster you go.

It's featherlight at city speeds and weighs up nicely at 130-140 km/h. You don't get any actual feel from the tyres, though. It's a shame considering they haven't managed to make it free from drivetrain vibrations.

I like the styling of the new Malibu, though. Very bold

I think before you make up your mind, you should check out the back. Its almost as if they ran out of ideas. The ugly flat rear end is completely different from the round and bold front!!
2008-malibu-2.jpg

The interior of this car is definitely much better than the Camry's, but still not quite as good as the Accord's. The tail lights though just ruin it for me. And being a GM vehicle, you just know that they are not going to update it. I don`t think you can even opt for a Sat Nav, which seems like a bit of a handicap. You can even get one in a Hyundai these days.

sonata09transformpreview.jpg
hyundai-sonata.jpg

Styling wise, the Hyundai Sonata is probably the least interesting, but it`s definitely one of most honestly looking mid-size sedans in the North American market today. They`ve updated the interior for the 2009 model and I have to say it looks miles better.

Last edited:
They did, at least on the Euro version. It definitely feels heavier the faster you go.

It's featherlight at city speeds and weighs up nicely at 130-140 km/h. You don't get any actual feel from the tyres, though. It's a shame considering they haven't managed to make it free from drivetrain vibrations.
The North American version just has no steering feel at all whatever the speed, I immediately thought of the Buick Lucerne when thinking of a car it reminded me of. Refinement is one of the strong suits however, always smooth, quiet.

Refinement is one of the strong suits however, always smooth, quiet.

I guess they skipped the speed-sensitive steering for the American model.

Speaking of strong suits, its stability is awesome.

http://img91.imageshack.**/img91/4540/new09mazda6med2ry3.jpg

Overall i think it looks pretty nice. The front is a bit much, but not ugly by any means. The rear looks awesome though.

This is one of the few cases where the American ass looks far better than that of the European's.

This is one of the few cases where the American ass looks far better than that of the European's.

Hahaha. Are you going to be driving one anytime soon? I really want to know what it's like.