Mazda RX-8 versions - can you enjoy the basic 190 HP model?

Just don't..

you'll regret it, get something else or a used one..

anyway the low power is automatic only so... :thumbsdown:

bone said:
M3lover said:
they ask how many cylinders it got, you say 2 chambers. They look puzzled. How cool is that :thumbsup:

you'll look like a ricer who has no idea what he's talking about ;)

a rotary engine has 2 ROTORS with each 3 chambers

read this and trash everyone in understanding of the rotary engine ;)
DAMN that was a long read. nice article. I gotta read it one more time though...

Renesis said:
Just don't..

you'll regret it, get something else or a used one..

anyway the low power is automatic only so... :thumbsdown:
As I pointed out earlier in this thread:
oliB said:
Because people here in Europe can actually drive stick and a 4-speed auto transmission in combination with the rotary engine would be absolute rubbish, the RX-8 isn't even offered with an automatic transmission here. :p
If you want the ~190hp model, you get a 5-speed manual instead of the 6-speed manual you would get on the ~230hp model. :p

Well still it's too inferior and I want my 6 speed.

A rotary is meant to be revved! I'm sure that low power model will have a shitty resale value, get a used hi-power instead

also i think the automatics are more prone to engine failure - but in hot climates - Nevada mostly.

if you've ever seen how a rotary is assembled, it's just one more part with a rotor that they stick to it..

3 rotors have a different side housing to accomodate the 3 rotor eccentric shaft and a 3 rotor eccentric shaft. Other than that it's just 1 more of everything.

If your even posing the question it makes me think you can afford it your just not sure you want to afford it. Being a car enthusiast, you would probably always lement about those extra 40 horses. You'll see others and say, jeez I wish mine had 230. Why punish yourself and wonder what it would be like to have 230 and just get the 230!