McLaren 650S

How can a company make something so revolutionary like the P1 and something so lazy immediately after?

The more I look at the details, its literally just a 12C facelift with bucketseats. Maybe those are not as stupid when it comes to adjusting as the regular 12C seats are :D

mclaren-650s-photos-specs-and-pricing-leaked-medium_1.jpg

mclaren-650s-photos-specs-and-pricing-leaked-medium_2.jpg

On face value, I really dislike this car. It seems that it's only filling a gap, even if it's a sensible thing to do. I'll reserve judgement and severe opinions until there's some more information, though.

On face value, I really dislike this car. It seems that it's only filling a gap, even if it's a sensible thing to do. I'll reserve judgement and severe opinions until there's some more information, though.

It's not filling a gap. It's just an enhanced version of the 12C, like the 458 Speciale.

The P1 is bonkers enough to be interesting, but I have to admit that neither the 12C nor this one does anything for me. I admire the engineering, but they just don't have the want-factor of other similar cars for me.

Even though it looks a bit like it is wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, it looks better than the 458.

I'll even go as far as saying I would probably choose this over a 458. :|

U_WOT_M8_description_._http_www.facebook.com_martin.w.keating_079b02_4051759.jpg

Ofc I'm biased and personal tastes have to be taken into consideration...but I think the 458 has the beauty part covered. :)

Last edited:
I never understood why the 458 is considered especially beautiful. It has its charme, yes, but so have most other cars of that kind. I don't think its particulary well or beautiful designed. Its about as odd around the frontend as the 12CP1 here. I have a hard time calling any car of the present actually beautiful, regardless of brand and class.

I never understood why the 458 is considered especially beautiful. It has its charme, yes, but so have most other cars of that kind. I don't think its particulary well or beautiful designed. Its about as odd around the frontend as the 12CP1 here. I have a hard time calling any car of the present actually beautiful, regardless of brand and class.

This.

I personally think the 12C is ageing somewhat beautifully, whereas the 458, striking as it is, is more of an of the moment design. The last time Ferrari pulled off timeless was with the 355.
This 650 however, as impressive as I'm sure it will be, doesn't hold a candle to the 12C in the styling department.

I want one for what it is, but I don't think it looks particularly beautiful. The McLarens, on the other hand, I find to have a sense of modernity and speed without appearing over-styled. :shrug:

There's Jaguar F-Type. A car with perfect proportions, aggressive yet tasteful details and ass to die for. No other car currently in production, even Italian, looks as good as that. Just my opinion of course.

On topic of this McLaren, it's just as ugly as the P1 and less interesting at the same time. But there are buyers for everything I guess :dunno:

The 458 is just so proper, I do not know of a word to properly describe it. You look at it and you can not imagine doing anything else to the body to improve it. In the flesh it just bombed me with its charm and curves to die for. Don't even get me started what kind of a buzz and feel it gives at launch.

Now, I'm not saying that the fax machine can't pull the same "in the flesh" trick, but there's just that wiff of Mclaren Technology Centre all around it. And I can't unsee a smirking Ron Dennis when I look at a Mclaren. :lol: Maybe that kills it for me, idk. :D

I agree... modern cars just look kind of crazy. Honestly I think the 650S is one of the better looking cars compared to a lot of these other modern supercars... but that's not really saying much. The Mclaren F1 is timelessly beautiful, just like the F40. Simple, clean, aggressive. These cars just look like case studies in metal/carbon fiber molding techniques.

I find the 458 headlights and weird droopy eyelid flaps to be a little weird... but I do think it's well-proportioned which is more than you can say for a lot of other cars.

I personally think the 12C is ageing somewhat beautifully, whereas the 458, striking as it is, is more of an of the moment design. The last time Ferrari pulled off timeless was with the 355.
This 650 however, as impressive as I'm sure it will be, doesn't hold a candle to the 12C in the styling department.

I think the 458 has a timeless design because it came out nearly 5 years ago and still looks fresh and modern, whereas the 430 and 360 were more "of their time" designs (they don't look as good now as they did when they came out). Also, did I really just read that a bunch of you guys think the 12C is better looking than the 458? :blink:

I think it's actually just the people with Ferraris in their avatars that think the 458 is more beautiful. :)

Well, I'm very far from a Ferrari fan, yet I think the 458 looks way better than the 12C/650S.

Now regarding the maccas, I think the front end of the 12c is too bland, and the one from the 650S too extreme. A shame really, since the rest of the car is very well done.