McLaren confirms Lewis Hamilton for race seat

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
Link

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he and Kovalainen measure up - two new young talents in front-running cars (I'm giving McLaren the benefit of the doubt) - bring it on.

good for him. 4 brits for next season will be on the grid.

Link

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he and Kovalainen measure up - two new young talents in front-running cars (I'm giving McLaren the benefit of the doubt) - bring it on.

I think Kovalainen will have the upper hand, seeing as he's already had a year of testing with Renault. Even though Hamilton is a GP2 star and everything I don't think he's ready yet. Look what happened to Rosberg.

I think Kovalainen will have the upper hand, seeing as he's already had a year of testing with Renault. Even though Hamilton is a GP2 star and everything I don't think he's ready yet. Look what happened to Rosberg.

I think he's ready, some people don't even go to gp2, F3 and straight to F1, and there are plenty of successful examples, it all goes down to the driver in the end.

i hope he will perform better than Alonso :)

I think not, atleast not this season. as much as Alonso is hated, he is a champion, a 2 time champ with experience now.

I think not, atleast not this season. as much as Alonso is hated, he is a champion, a 2 time champ with experience now.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Alonso will defend his title with a new team. It'll do Hamilton good to have Alonso as team mate.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Alonso will defend his title with a new team. It'll do Hamilton good to have Alonso as team mate.

usually with F1, a better team mate isn't that good, because they surely won't be speaking alot about how to race and what not. Its not like Alonso will teach him from his experience. Each driver has his own Engineer, each one preps his car to his liking with his own engineer and go racing. The only thing I see Lewis might benefit is seeing the pace of a champion with his pressure, and trying to come close to him and maybe be quicker than him. Other than that, its usually a rivalry, in the end the driver is not winning races for the team as much as you'd think, its for his CV.
When shumi used to drive for Beneton, he used to drive his team mate off the track sometimes, cuz he was too slow and keeping him stuck behind :p I love shumi

Raikonnen. Plain and simple =)

I am so looking forward to seeing Hamilton in the Mclaren. I really hope he's going to perform as well as people expect! I really like Mclaren, but i really dislike Alonso.. Having Hamilton putting pressure on Alonso would be excellent.. :)

I really wish button take it, not likely to happen though.

Raikkonen's my pick for the '07 title - best car & driver combination. I can't see McLaren giving Alonso a car that is consistently fast & reliable (maybe in 2008 though). Kovalainen should be good to watch in the Renault though.

Raikkonen's my pick for the '07 title - best car & driver combination. I can't see McLaren giving Alonso a car that is consistently fast & reliable (maybe in 2008 though). Kovalainen should be good to watch in the Renault though.

Obviously I hope Button can give a strong challanege but it's all down to if Honda can come good. If I speak with my head then Raikkonen will walk it.

I think that Massa will be the fastest at the start of the season because he's not changing teams and he's already been on Bridgestones.

Massa sucks man, Alonso can play with that boy like a naive school girl.
With all the hate towards Alonso, he is a geat driver.. if the car will be on par with him then he'll take it, my hearts with button though. will def be some good action between Kimi and Alonso.

I'd rather watch Webber over Button, which may not be as disappointing now seeing as he'll be getting a Newey designed car.

screw u all massa is gonna take drivers next year!!!!:-x kimi can have 2008 or 2009:)