McLaren continuing to show their level of doucheiness.

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/05/15/mclaren-gives-button-and-hamilton-extra-bling-for-luck/

Steinmetz Diamonds creates special edition steering wheels for Button & Hamilton in Monaco said:
Monaco, 12th May, 2010: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team-mates Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton will race at this weekend's Monaco Grand Prix with individually crafted Steinmetz diamond crests on the steering wheels of their Formula 1 cars.

The diamond crests will celebrate the world championship success of Jenson (in 2009) and Lewis (2008), as the two Vodafone McLaren Mercedes drivers race around the twisting streets of Monte-Carlo, the most prestigious and glamorous race on the Formula 1 world championship calendar.

The steering wheels, which are manufactured from carbon fibre by the team, have been customised by Steinmetz master craftsmen using beautifully cut Steinmetz white diamonds. They will be unveiled at Monaco's exclusive Villa la Vigie on Wednesday May 12.

On Wednesday, both drivers will also reveal traditional commemorative crash helmets, which also feature the Steinmetz world championship diamond crest. These display-edition helmets will be available for photography in the Monaco paddock throughout the weekend.

Villa la Vigie, once owned by Karl Lagerfeld, is also the location of the prestigious Steinmetz Salon Priv? which is set up in collaboration with partners Sotheby's Diamonds. Sotheby's Diamonds and Steinmetz Salon Priv? will feature a unique collection featuring Forevermark diamonds. Each and every Forevermark diamond comes with a promise over and above the 4Cs ? a promise not only of quality but also of integrity. As proof of this promise each Forevermark diamond is inscribed with the Forevermark icon and a unique identification number.

Steinmetz has a great history in Monaco, having been an integral part of the Formula 1 race there for eight seasons; diamonds on the Monte Carlo race track has become a highly anticipated treat for the discerning audience there. As leaders in the diamond industry and great supporters of F1, Steinmetz always finds an imaginative and innovative way to bedazzle the Formula 1 crowd and surprise them with the intricate and impressive technical detailing that goes into the application of diamonds onto regulation F1 kit.

With this special and distinctive inscription, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and Steinmetz are proud to be celebrating two consecutive World Champions with both Hamilton and Button winning the Monaco Grand Prix in their championship years. Year on year through their unique partnership, Steinmetz and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes accurately demonstrate their shared core values ? flawless engineering, creativity and a quest for perfection. Marketing Director of Steinmetz, Lior Levin said: "We are delighted to be back in Monaco, to celebrate the most prestigious race of the Formula 1 season with the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team. Steinmetz is back in Monaco for our eighth season and we couldn't think of a better way to commemorate the occasion than working on a unique collaboration with Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton. We look forward to a fantastic race on Sunday and hope the Steinmetz diamond crafted steering wheels will prove to be lucky for the drivers."

World champion Jenson Button said: "Monaco is one of the most prestigious and important races on the Formula 1 calendar, and it's a race I feel honoured to have won. To be racing for Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and using a unique Steinmetz diamond-crested steering wheel, which has been created especially for me, is a great honour. The workmanship on the diamonds is beautiful and it will be a great addition to the most glamorous race of the year.

2008 champion Lewis Hamilton added: "It's fantastic that Steinmetz is celebrating our world championship victories by incorporating unique diamond crests into the centre of our steering wheels. They look absolutely incredible and add a real bit of bling to the cars. I won at Monaco in 2008 wearing a Steinmetz diamond-studded helmet, so I'm hoping it will bring me luck again this year.

wow... :rolleyes:

Even more reason to hate that shit hole of a team.

Holy shit Cellos, you're right. I've just realized. They're a bunch of cocksuckers. Don't know what I was thinking :confused:

How dare they.

haters.jpg

How douchy of McLaren to give their sponsor some publicity... :rolleyes:

I never liked this side of F1...doesn't matter which team it is. ''Ouuuhh let's put diamonds on this vehicle, very classy''

Why the fuck is an F1 car sparkling like a friggin twilight vampire?! It's as if women took over a fucking team... Same crap as the drivers do with enormous watches and shit.

If Fangio or Senna saw this crap they would die of laughter/shame...

How dare they show some respect to their sponsor in the Jewel of the crown of the race calendar, grow the fuck up!

I don't care who their sponsor is. Diamonds don't belong on race car or any car for that matter. If they want to pay respect to their sponsor then display the brand name on the car. But, Diamonds? That's just gay and makes the team and their drivers look like pricks which for Hamilton and McLaren isn't anything new.

I never liked this side of F1...doesn't matter which team it is. ''Ouuuhh let's put diamonds on this vehicle, very classy''

Why the fuck is an F1 car sparkling like a friggin twilight vampire?! It's as if women took over a fucking team... Same crap as the drivers do with enormous watches and shit.

If Fangio or Senna saw this crap they would die of laughter/shame...

Exactly. Enzo Ferrari would probably also join them in laughter.

Last edited:
But, Diamonds? That's just gay and makes the team and their drivers look like pricks which for Hamilton and McLaren isn't anything new.
It seems you have misplaced your anger. Sadly, it seems to have manifested itself on my computer screen in the form of your dumbass, inane posts. Could you do something about that? Thanks.

But, Diamonds? That's just gay and makes the team and their drivers look like pricks which for Hamilton and McLaren isn't anything new.
Exactly. Enzo Ferrari would probably also join them in laughter.

I wonder what Enzo Ferrari was doing in his grave when this happened.

Judging by your analysis on McLaren, he was probably having a wank.

It seems you have misplaced your anger. Sadly, it seems to have manifested itself on my computer screen in the form of your dumbass, inane posts. Could you do something about that? Thanks.

LOL The only dumb and inane thing going on in my posts, is the news of putting diamonds on an F1 car.

[video=youtube;TZSD4QqPTTk]I wonder what Enzo Ferrari was doing in his grave when this happened.

Judging by your analysis on McLaren, he was probably having a wank.

He probably didn't give a shit as his cars weren't the ones being lathered up in L'OREAL shampoo.

Hey, if you guys think diamonds plastered on car is something cool than I understand why none of this makes sense to any of you. It's clear none of you took the time to think of the message and the social implications displayed.

Nah, the symbol of his legacy in a hair products ad is good enough :lol:. It's not like Schumacher was walking around in his home clothes when he shot those ads. You don't even want me to get started on all the other shit that I'm sure he's so proud to have his name stitched onto :p

Nah, the symbol of his legacy in a hair products ad is good enough :lol:. It's not like Schumacher was walking around in his home clothes when he shot those ads. You don't even want me to get started on all the other shit that I'm sure he's so proud to have his name stitched onto :p

:lol:

You're not making that up, they did do that in '04 and the car that carried the diamonds got pushed into the barriers at Loews some time in the first two-three laps of the race.

Didn't the Jaguar team once put a ludicrously expensive diamond in the nosecone (or something?) of one of their cars only to loose it and it was never found....or did my tired brain just make that up?

You didn't just make it up.

As for the McLaren diamond thing, whatever - they do it every year so it's nothing new. That's how business and sponsorship works.

It's Monaco, how much more pretentious and bling can you get?