Mclaren Mp 4/12C review, what did you think?

I would think that turning off traction control could be beneficial in some cases but leaving the ASM on would be best. I dunno. I honestly thought TC was still legal in F1. I guess I missed the 2008 season. :p

Has anyone seen a review where the prefer the McLaren to the Ferrari ?

Has anyone seen a review where the prefer the McLaren to the Ferrari ?

The best review I read was by EVO in their last issue. However, as I mentioned in my first post in this thread, we are yet to see a balanced and objective comparison between the two.

Anyone can pick their favourite out of the two, but that isn't always the point, is it?

Apart from all the rants and raves (and nonsense from some) I found this interesting review form WhatCar which pretty much sums in a nutshell.

For me the MP4 just looks sport's professional.

The MP4-12C is jaw-droppingly fast, and with incredible grip and unbelievable composure, it's a very easy car to drive very quickly. It still rides fantastically, too, and it's the most efficient supercar of the bunch.

Against The unflappable composure means you don't quite engage with it like you do a Ferrari 458 Italia. It doesn't sounds as good, either.

A masterpiece of engineering. No supercar is quicker, more precise or more comfortable.

So efficient that it rendered boring. ...Boring my ASS!

Edit:

Absolute lust

Last edited:
What's the point of that weird paint job?
Covert purposes I think. So people/other companies don't know what it looks like before it comes out.

I was hoping they would do some sort of comparison between the old/original 1990s McLaren with the new one. I'd love to see the original McLaren F1 go around the track and set a time.

I think I'd like to have one if they'd ditch the flappy paddle gearbox and give it a proper six speed.

Much like alot of people here have said Fifth gear and Top Gear's review have been practically the same Tiff said that it was missing something and Jeremy also said the Mclaren was missing something and for good reason. That something was character the two were correct and agreed with each other (which is odd) but it must be said they are right.