Medal of Honor

Strelok16

Car(s)
'69 Mustang project, '92 Buick Retiree-gal
Anyone else following the new MoH?

http://www.medalofhonor.com/

I am definitely glad to see this series getting a reboot. Even if it does seem they are jumping on CoD's modern/special forces bandwagon, I'll be fine with that if it's good. I mean, they can't really stay in WWII forever.

Hopefully theyll have learned their lessons from Airborne, that game was quite meh. If this is good, it will do nicely as an Anti-CoD methinks.

The only MoH I ever played was Rising Sun on a gamecube, it was kinda fun though. I might give this a try when it comes out.

The last good MoH was Allied Assault, so hopefully this reboot can bring the series back. I'm not holding my breathe though.

i'm with spitfire on this. Allied Assault was my first WW2 FPS and i enjoyed it constantly. However i think FPS have become incredibly stale and repetitive over the last few years and they all follow the same basic model without actually offering anything new. The graphics do look very sweet in this and polished, but graphics aren't the be all and end all of games. Gameplay and storyline i find to be far more important than a bit of flashy images. Someone really needs to come up with something decent and worthwhile in order to really bring me back to the FPS scenery.

Gameplay looks very similar to BC2. I even recognize a lot of the same animations...

im really excited for this, be interesting to see how they do with bringing Medal of Honor into modern day. was impressed with the E3 demo, only worry is have is that multiplayer looks like it might be TOO like the BF games (not saying its a bad thing) but could do to be abit more original. This and COD Black Ops are going to make the last few months of the year very expensive.

Greatest screenshot ever
http://img811.imageshack.**/img811/7119/epick.jpg

You too can be a motherfucker.

^:lol: I see what you did there!

For the first time, that is actually a closer render of what a spec-ops person looks like. It started with a guy named Richard Marcinko with the Navy SEAL teams. He wanted to break the mold of what everyone thinks a spec-op person looked liked.

360 users, the early beta access has been delayed for us. We should have it next week and they will be extending it for us.

Even if it does seem they are jumping on CoD's modern/special forces bandwagon

Ghost Recon started the "modern special forces" bandwagon long before CoD4 did ;)

Anyway, what I like about the new MoH game is that it doesn't seem so crazy as Modern Warfare 2 did. You're not traveling the world fighting off a hundred people with one hand while driving a snowmobile in the other. I mean, that'd seem ridiculously improbable even in a Vin Diesel movie. All of MoH's storyline is going to take place in various settings in Afghanistan. And the interview mentioned an emphasis on realistic tactics as well. I wonder how realistic the gameplay mechanics are going to be...I'm not expecting as realistic as the old Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games, but a step up in realism from some other modern shooters would be nice.

Looks cool, but I'm hesitant to shell out $60 just to try it.

I mean, it is awesome like BC2 (big and open)? Or awesome for only a short amount of time like MW2 (boring old Counter-Strike)?

It's going to be BF2 mechanics in a smaller environment and possibly with less people. COD-like.

So, I played the beta (free download on steam)
It's almost exactly the same af BF BC2 but with lots of bugs..
Most important bug if you play it is, what you bind for strafe left makes you go to the right and vice versa.
It's quite an enjoyable game, but I don't think I'll buy it because I allready own BC2, and it is fairly similar, at least at this stage.